Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Heritage Museum and Gardens in Sandwich, MA

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry if this has been a repeat topic I'm all thumbs when it comes to working bulletin searches. I was wondering however has anyone attended a wedding at Heritage Museum & Gardens in Sandwich, MA?? Also what has been your experience with it, did you have your wedding there or was it someone else's? What parts of the property did you use? Did it rain? How was your caterer? Who of the preferred list did you choose? I'd love any answers!! Either here or to my e-mail at mdargon at msl dot edu

Thanks so much!!

Re: Heritage Museum and Gardens in Sandwich, MA

• Options
    emh777emh777 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our wedding there next October.  I fell in love with the place.  I know a lot of people get married on the Cape on the beach, but this shows a whole other unique side of Cape Cod.  After seeing almost every place, resort, inn, and club up and down the Cape - nothing else even came close.  

Libby - who runs events there, is AWESOME!!!!!  She has been so helpful with anything and everything I have ever needed - which is a lot since I live on the other side of the country!  She can provide you with a list of vendors they like to use.  We are getting married on the "Sundial Garden" then heading over to the folk art museum for cocktail hour, then on to the antique car museum for the reception.  

As for catering, we went with "The Crazy Chefs", but I also really liked "The Chef's Table" as well.  It's really a matter of taste.  

If it rains (and I pray it doesn'tt!!!) we will be using their new conference room (not sure if it's even finished being built yet) which, I think, is off of the car museum.  

I hope that helps.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having ours there next August, and are also trying to plan it from somewhat of a distance, although I'm nowhere near as prepared as you are emh!

We haven't met with caterers yet, but I am leaning towards the Crazy Chefs, as well.  They seem reasonably priced and I like the upscale BBQ options.  Do you mind if I ask why you decided to go with them?

Also- have any of you picked a DJ or band yet?

Thanks!

Oh- and we are probably using the Sundial Garden for the ceremony, the estate house for the cocktail hour and the big lawn for the reception.  I think.  A lot depends on how much we can narrow down our insane guest list.
  • Options
    ARez726ARez726 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married there in June!!  Libby is sooo awesome.  She always gets back to me right away anytime I have a question.  HMG is the only place my fiance and I fell in love with.  We visited it on the grossest, most rainy day, and we said, "This is it!!"  We are going to set up a tent for the ceremony if we see there is rain in the forecast.....crossing our fingers though!!  We are booked to have our ceremony at the Windmill, but we may change our mind last minute and have it at the Sundial.  Both are so gorgeous!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    gouldstevensgouldstevens member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anybody have any pictures of their wedding to share from here?  It really is gorgeous and on my top 3 list:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards