Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Martha's Vineyard Brides!!

What vendors are you ladies using?
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Martha's Vineyard Brides!!

• edited December 2011
    I am using The Balck Dog Bakery for the cake (mmm...soooo good!); Kelley DeBettencourt for photography (so much fun to work with!); The Boathouse for rehersal dinner; and The HarborView for ceremony (in the gazebo) and reception. Oh, and MV Florist for our flowers.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi - I'm getting married at the Whaling Church and reception next door at Dr. Fisher House (tenting the stone patio).  Using Tea Lane for catering and Seaside Celebrations for rentals.  Also booked Beetlebung Steel Drum band for cocktail hour and reception. 
    Haven't figured out florist yet ... looking for minimal spend there!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-cape-cod_marthas-vineyard-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:94Discussion:ff869adf-f31a-4d7f-bf3c-a1f1aad1f546Post:bac33c4b-ff25-4e4b-8bc1-38ed7929baef">Re: Martha's Vineyard Brides!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi - I'm getting married at the Whaling Church and reception next door at Dr. Fisher House (tenting the stone patio).  Using Tea Lane for catering and Seaside Celebrations for rentals.  Also booked Beetlebung Steel Drum band for cocktail hour and reception.  Haven't figured out florist yet ... looking for minimal spend there!
    Posted by lgough76[/QUOTE]

You should look into MV Florist. Ellen is the lady's name and she works out of her home and is pleasant to work with. She came up with some beautiful mock-ups for my bouqet and centerpieces. She was reasonably priced, too
  • danaisenseedanaisensee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello-I am getting married on the Vineyard in Sept. Are any of you using a wedding planner?  If so, who?

Thanks
  • mandi921vhmandi921vh member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not but I know several brides have used Doris Clark.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I am not using a planner. Our wedding is small enough (50 people) that we didn't need one, plus our venue's catering sets everything up. We tried contacting a planner, thinking it would be worth having, but she told us via email that she did not have time to even talk to us until October (we contacted her in August), and we didn't have that kind of time...we had to book everything immediatly. Turns out, we didn't need one anyway.
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Kristen Leigh conklin for photog, judy murray for planner, big sky for tent/linens/etc.  sept 2012 wedding at farm neck.  using a florist we know personally from home, and sultans of swing for band
  • Old Whaling Church was incredible, can't recommend the black dog cakes enough :)We also brought in Scott Kretschmann Photography from NY (www.scottkretschmann.com) since they have a place on the island. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards