February 2012 Weddings
Options

My wedding is Saturady!! I am not done everything BUT I managed to get sick!

I get married this Saturday the 4th of February and I maaged to get so much done last minute. (due to financial difficulties we had to postpone many things until the end)

I booked the officiant, the photographer, got the dress (first one fell through) and ceremony music/DJ in order in the last 4 days BUT I managed to get really sick.

I can hardly breathe, my throat is sore and I feel horrible! I knew this would happen, everytime there is a big life event I manage to get sick. I haven't had a cold all winter even though everyone around me was really sick.

I still have lots to do and I'm just having visions of my wedding pictures showing my nose as red and sore from tissue.

Don't know what to do to speed up recovery, I'm trying lots of water, soup, and I've taken the rest of the week off. any other ideas..

Re: My wedding is Saturady!! I am not done everything BUT I managed to get sick!

• Options
    Airborne is awesome when I feel a cold coming on - that extra dose of Vitamin C really helps: http://www.airbornehealth.com/

Otherwise, lots of liquids, sof tissues with lotion, and maybe some healing ointment like Aquaphor for your nose.

Feel better soon!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I second the Airborne!

Good luck girl, I'm sure everything will be perfect :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Learning to make a good brisket is only the beginning. www.shiksatoyenta.wordpress.com
  • Options
    You may be sick because of stress!  After all that last minute stuff I would be too! Just try to take it easy and try the Airborne. Hope you get to feeling better!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Water, a humidifier, juices and delegating to others. Get your naps in when you can. Good luck girl! Make sure to be well enough to enjoy!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    chicken soup cures what ails you. throw it in a crock pot and let it cook all day (minus the noodles, put those in during the last 30-60 minutes). you dont have to stand over it, plus, there will be a bunch of it and it will make you feel a lot better.

if you want to stand over your stove (the hot soup fumes clear my head) try french onion soup. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    All of the above and tissues with lotion!
  • Options
    I'm a big fan of Neti Pots for stuffy noses. I know they sound nasty, but I have gotten rid of many sinus infections without medication by using them for 2 days. 

I also recommend the airborne and chicken soup! And REST!!!

Congrats on getting everything done!!!
  • Options
    Get lots of sleep!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Sleep as much as you can and drink LOTS of water. As PP said, try the airborne too.  Hit up the doc to make sure its not an infection or something, over the counters wont make that go away

You can't argue with the universe..Well, you can, it just doesn't get you anywhere.

199 Are Invitedimage
    144 Are Most Definitly Ready to Celebrate image
    55 Are Missing Out or Couldnt Find Their Mailbox image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Drink lots and lots of water the next few days... and hit up the doctor for a steriod so that you will feel better by Saturday!  I've used airborne and it has never worked for me after I'm already sick...also try mucinex!  That stuff works wonders!  Good luck and take care the next few days!  Mine is also on the 4th!
  • Options

Thanks to all! I have caught up a bit on some sleep and I have plans to sleep the entire day tomorrow!! 

I will be trying the neti pot and hope this is on it's way out. :) I have increased vitamin C and I am haven't found the airborne but I'll look for mucinex tomorrow.

Too late to worry now I guess.

Thanks for the good advice, I am off to bed.

• Options
    Hope you feel better before Saturday. So exciting it's so close!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If your throat is still sore you should see your doctor. If it's strep you will only get worse without antibiotics. The sooner you start them the quicker you'll feel better. You could even go to a mini clinic in CVS. Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards