February 2012 Weddings

Yay!!!! Reclaimed my dining room.....

Thank god!!!!!! Yesterday my fiance and I got a storage unit. I have finally reclaimed my dining room. I live in a townhouse that is pretty big but has no storage space. We have had gifts in our dining room since our e-party in September. My shower was last Saturday which made things even worse. We have had no place to eat....my dining room table was piled high from end to end. We couldn't even store stuff in the garage because my fiance moved in the fall and the contents of former bedroom are in the garage. I have lived in my home for 13 years so we are pretty well stocked here for now so we decided everything we registered for and received would be for our new home, with the exception a few things. So for the time being I will have to admire my new gifts from afar and patiently await to use them. But now I finally have a place to sit and write out my thank you's!!!!

Re: Yay!!!! Reclaimed my dining room.....

• Congrats! Now if we could buy a house haha. My mother and sister moved in with my grandmother so all their stuff is in that house and I HAD storage there for two closets...she is slowly pushing it to our apartment and FI is freaking out about the clutter. I promised after the wedding we will sell off the wedding stuff and get some room back haha
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • I know the feeling! Our house is very small (less than 800 sq feet), and thankfully my mom and FMIL both agreed to store shower gifts/wedding gifts that have been shipped to us already at their houses until after the wedding (we've lived together for three years already, so most of the stuff we registered for is upgrades. We will be yard sale-ing/donating all of our old stuff after the wedding but for now... we kind of need towels and dishes and don't have room for the extra new stuff to just be laying around!). I don't know why I didn't think to just list my mom's address as the ship-to address on my Macy's registry, and now I'm really starting to regret it - we're a little less than a month out, and we already seem to be getting 3-5 packages a week! Fortunately neither of our parents live very far, so I can just load everything up and drive it over when it gets too crowded over here... it's just one more thing to add to my ever-growing to-do list! haha!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards