February 2012 Weddings
Options

Anyone feel pressure?

Okay, I might be the lone weirdo in this or you might all feel this way, but my wedding is two weeks from Saturday. Over budget is an understatement but my parents have graciously paid for this entire wedding and dont seem to mind. However, we dont have the money for anything else even though all these cute ideas are popping in my head to do (Thanks, Pintrest!) Everyone is so excited and keeps telling me how they "know its going to be absolutely beautiful" and how "I cant wait to see what your taste is going to do- I know its going to be incredible!" allll this. The thing is, I dont FEEL like anything is incredible and I feel like im not going to live up to all this hype people are building up for me for some reason. Does anyone else feel the pressure? I know we as brides think about every little detail that most people dont notice, but I feel with all this wedding hoopla thats everywhere now, people have huge expectations. Egh, am I ridiculous?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Anyone feel pressure?

• Options
    I am definitely feeling the pressure. I keep thinking of things I'd love to add but it's just not in our budget and I sort of get jealous of the people who were able to have certain things at their wedding. But at the end of the day I try to remind myself that this is our wedding, the way we want it so I'm happy about it all.

I can't believe you ladies only have 2 weeks!! So crazy and exciting!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LOL My friends are calling this the event of the year. I told em to keep their expectations low it'll be much like any other weddding except IM the one in the dress. And done in my taste. I just hope everyone has a great time. Im thinking open bar should help with that LOL
    You can't argue with the universe..Well, you can, it just doesn't get you anywhere.

199 Are Invitedimage
    144 Are Most Definitly Ready to Celebrate image
    55 Are Missing Out or Couldnt Find Their Mailbox image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    With all our DIY projects I feel maybe it will be crappy.We couldn't afford a full on seat down dinner or servers for a buffet so they must serve themselves. If anyone talks crap it will most likely be his aunt...she has a way of doing that.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Tampa, If theyre completely unable to put their own food on their own plates, I dont know how theyve survived all this time to even make it TO your wedding, let alone have the energy to gripe about not having servers ;)

You can't argue with the universe..Well, you can, it just doesn't get you anywhere.

199 Are Invitedimage
    144 Are Most Definitly Ready to Celebrate image
    55 Are Missing Out or Couldnt Find Their Mailbox image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    One thing I've learned is you can not please every one no matter how fabulous your wedding is! Someone will find SOMETHING to complain about..thats why I don't care! We planned ours the best way we could and so we are not broke at the end. Of course I wish I could have upgraded a few things here and there but for me the venue itself is breath taking so i felt I didnt need to add too much.  Great place, great DJ, and awesome food!  What more can you do??? Spend $$ on what really matters not all the extras..people seldom remember what favors they got,what colors you used on linens, or even how the center pieces looked. As long as you are happy-forget about everyone else because this is YOUR day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    my stepmom gave me some great advice (imo) when i talked to her about feeling like i was under pressure: it is all going to hell in a handbasket. let it go now and accept that NOTHING will be perfect or go as you planned. the important thing is that you and your husband to be are going to get married. keep your sense of humor and let all the small stuff slide.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't been able to sleep good. I keep thinking "what if I forget something or what if something goes wrong". I'm not nervouse about being married at all just ready for the wedding to be here
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    OMG I definitely am feeling the "pressure". 

My wedding is three weeks from Sunday and I am nervous that people have all of these high expectations and really our wedding will be low-key. 

The venue is super nice and we're serving dinner and nice cupcakes and our theme is pretty cute ("Sundae Wedding"), but we don't have floor length tablecloths or seatcovers. And I am nervous our ceremony won't be decorated very nice. It's not in a church, so I dont want it to look like a conference room! I

m just hoping my guests aren't watching as much My Fair Wedding or Platinum Wedding shows as I am and will just be pleased with everything. 

If not, I just need to learn to be okay with that :-/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2012-weddings_anyone-feel-pressure?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:94076715-01be-4544-b5ad-db7fe810eb77Discussion:79768915-ebe9-4023-b9b7-e8699ef999f1Post:3ac15f5c-7849-43a5-8a6b-47a471225957">Re: Anyone feel pressure?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tampa, If theyre completely unable to put their own food on their own plates, I dont know how theyve survived all this time to even make it TO your wedding, let alone have the energy to gripe about not having servers ;)
    Posted by lnl1025[/QUOTE]

LoL thanks! I needed that!

The only other concern is I am praying no one uses the venue the day before so we can pay the $75 and get in and set up so MY HANDS are on things. Granted the coordinator will do it all from 10am-4pm the day of BUT it freaks me out to not have control. I'd rather pay if I can and get hands on.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I feel the pressure :( I'm ready for it to be over!! The pressure I'm getting is from my FMIL. She knew all about the rehearsal dinner (which she has graciously said she will pay for). She knew where I wanted it and she looked at the menu and the venue and loved it and booked it. We were talking about it last night and I mentioned that it was $40 per person, she just about died!! I was like.. didn't you even read the menu? It clearly stated the price...

Now, 4 weeks out, not sure what I'm gonna do :)

All I can say is.. going to the DR next week and getting a nice big bottle of Valium! :):):)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards