February 2012 Weddings

March bride here with questions

Hi February wives!! :-) I'm Liz, from the March board. First of all, congrats to all of you! Secondly, I am getting married in 3 weeks and am trying to settle the "schedule of the day." The ceremony is at 6:30pm. Could you give me some insight on how your schedules were? Did you have enough time for pictures, or need more time for hair? etc. Any advice would be really appreciated. :-)
LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: March bride here with questions

• I wish I had more time for photos we missed a few: My FG was not helping matters but I never got the solo pic with just me and her giving me a kiss..and because his parents were the photogs it was hard to gather them up for photos so we never got a photo of me, hubby, and his parents together which makes me a bit sad.

Our day started timed by our hair team: I was to get married at 2:30 so hair and make up was at 8am, travel to suite to dress be there at 12:30. I had set aside 30 minutes for PRIOR photos to ceremony for the girls but that went down the drain when we could not find the safety pins, my mother was not there yet, and the videographer was lost. If you can plan in 15 min increments but give yourself really 20-25 to complete things.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • I agree that I wish we had more time for photos before the ceremony.  I haven't gotten my pictures back yet, but I don't even think I got a picture of just my mom and I.  

Our ceremony was at 2.  We started hair and makeup around 9 at the church.  My hair was started around 11:30.  We started pictures around 12:30.  Then from 1 to 2 we allowed time to relax with my bridesmaids.  
  • My ceremony was at 6. I started hair at 11. I felt like I had enough time. I started the first look at photo with just me and the groom for two hours around NYC at 230 to 4. Got to the venue. Few more photos.then 430 -6 family photos More than enough time. Just make a list of all the formal shots you want to grab. I had about 25. We threw a few more in that day. Make sure photographer has a copy. If you have more bridesmaid you may just need to start hair and makeup an hour earlier. Just make sure you go first.
  • Hi..our ceremony started at 7:30pm. My hair was done at 3pm.  Left to the venue at 5pm-arrived at 5:30pm and my make-up started.  Make up done by 7pm and got dressed..I was in a bit of a rush to get dressed..especially with a lace up back! We had the guys and my girls do their pictures while my make-up was being done at the venue so we got those out of the way. After the ceremony at 8pm we took group pics till about 8:30ish. The guests were at cocktail hour between 8-8:30pm while we took pics.  I wish I had more time for my own solo pics before hand since it was already dark. By 8:45 we had our entrance and the bridal party's entrance and started the 1st dance.  By 9 pm everyone was already eating dinner.  We didnt actually get to dance and enjoy the night till after 10:30pm -it was over at 12 pm so I wish we sould have had more time for fun!!! I would ahve added at leats another hour to the reception time if I could do it over again and had my make-up done before I got to the venue to have time to take solo pics before the wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • make sure to have at use at least a one hour buffer from when you want everyone to be ready (hair and makeup done) between when they HAVE to be ready. It's hard to say how much time you will need for photos but if you are doing the simple family shots at the ceremony then make sure you consider that. I didn't even do that many of those photos but it seemed like we were taking those photos for hours.
  • I was coming here to ask the same thing - my ceremony is at 4:30 and the limo picks us up to take us to the church at 3 (should be there by 3:30 if not earlier).

How early should I have the hairdresser & makeup artist there?  There will be 5 people getting both done, three bridesmaids, me, and my mom.  I expect it will take about 30-45 minutes to do my hair.  My mom and one bridesmaid are having their hair down, the other two are doing updos (mine is a partial updo).

We originally said 11am and I'm worried it won't be early enough and I should tell them 10am instead.
  • always add an extra hour more than you are comfortable with. Also, did you do a trial? Either way I would give an hour for your hair to get done just in case. My mom is a hair dresser and the last thing you want is to either settle with your do because you're crunched for time or stress out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards