February 2012 Weddings
Options

Why Feb 2012?

I'm always curious to hear about why brides choose a specific date. So why'd you pick your Feb 2012 date?

My grandparents were married on Valentines Day, so I always wanted a Saturday in February around Valentines. Since my other half is deployed til next summer, we had to make ours an excruciatingly painfully long engagement. Although I won't complain too much, since this allows us to pay things out over time leading up to 2/11/12 instead of racking up bills to pay off AFTER the fact.
~DFWs Resident Snark~
I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?

Re: Why Feb 2012?

• Options
    We chose our date because of a few reasons. We are both in school, FI graduates in Feb. 2011 and I graduate in Dec. 2011. We both wanted to be done with school and waiting so long gave us plenty of time to save money.  

We picked February because we think it would be so pretty to get married when there is snow on the ground. Its funny though because I hate winter... I guess its a good excuse to leave the cold and go somewhere warm for our honeymoon :) haha
  • Options
    We chose Feb. 15 2012, because it was Our 6 month dating anniversary, back 6 years ago. And all honesty My fiancé was the one who picked the date, the reason it is so late is so we can save up the money, and take our time in planning and budgeting everything.  
  • Options
    BMB, you're getting married on a Wednesday? Are you having a lot of people?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    hi there, we're having a destination wedding in sunny Mexico, so we chose feb because the weather will be beautiful there and we chose Valentine's day (well, FI did because then he will have one less thing to remember, go figure) we will be doing the court thing here before we go, less expensive, but the ceremony will be on VDay in Mexico...
  • Options
    Me and my dh chose this day because it is already our anniversary.  We are going to have a vow renewal ceremony because recently we came through a very tough time and almost didn't make it.  I just want to re-commit my heart to him with a bigger wedding since we had a very small private wedding the first time.
    Visit austin.Weddings.com Me-Stephaney-26 DH-Mahendra-26 ***Already married but planning a vow renewal on our 2nd anniversary :)***
  • Options

We're getting married Feb 2012 because my fiance is deployed, and when he gets home, we want to have about 6 months to just relax and enjoy him being home before the wedding. This does give us a very long engagement, but it's okay.

image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Kristi, I wonder if yours is deployed with mine since we are both in TX... Army?
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    We are planning a very small personal wedding close family and a few friends. We are not looking for anything over the top or extravagant. We are a laid back couple and wanna keep our wedding just as such.
  • Options
    My family owns a time-share in Cancun that the FH and I adore, just on the beach and super luxurious, but it's only for the last week of January/first week of February... and the last time we were there, on Friday evening, a wedding erupted on the beach which sealed the deal for me.  Doesn't hurt that our date is exactly 3 weeks after my birthday, 1 week before our "dating anniversary," and 12 days before Valentine's Day.  Gotta love the FH for at least admitting that dates are NOT his strong point.  ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We decided on Feb 29, 2012 because it gives us some time to save and plan after I graduate this June, it works with his school, leap day is my favorite day, wednesdays are good cost wise (and lots of our guests are flying in and taking time off work anyways), and weather is good in belize around that time (honeymoon spot)!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Having a wedding-Moon, Planned elopement of whatever you want to call it.  Picked 02/02/2012  because it will be 5yrs and 1 day from when we first met and it's my favorite holiday Groundhog Day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    john&juliejohn&julie member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    My fiance didn't want to get married in the summer (he didn't want to have to wear a tux in Washington, DC when it was 100 degrees out) so with other things going on, we narrowed it down to 4 dates next fall/winter.  The venue we ended up choosing only had Feb. 18, 2012 available, so we took it.  As it turns out, Feb. 18 happens to be the date the venue opened (85 years ago), so it really felt like it was meant to be (and we didn't know that until after we signed the contract).

Also, that weekend is President's Day weekend, which will be a fun weekend for a DC wedding (and a lot of people will have that Monday off work).
  • Options
    we picked 2/12/12 because we wanted to have plenty of time to plan, save money and save up time off of work.  also, my FH's family is all coming from FL to CA, so it will give people plenty of time to save for a trip. after discovering how much cheaper the venues i want are in the off-season, it was almost impossible not to pick 2/12. also, my bday is on valentine's day, so we already celebrate my bday together with vday, so why not throw one more special day in there? i also hope since it's the weekend before president's day weekend, that travel will be cheaper for our out of town guests. 
  • Options
    Hey Bliss!! We are wedding buddies :) And our bdays are close together as well!

We chose 02/12/12 for a few reasons. It is giving us time to save, my bday is Feb 11 and our story began Feb 13. Plus it gives us room to do a romantic but still fun color theme.
  • Options
    Hey Michele, we have the same wedding date!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2012-weddings_feb-2012?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:94076715-01be-4544-b5ad-db7fe810eb77Discussion:c7ec1fc1-4461-4e8a-94d0-ad259cefada4Post:8a25b495-69de-436f-adb4-02cfa01cd00f">Re: Why Feb 2012?</a>:
    [QUOTE]hi there, we're having a destination wedding in sunny Mexico, so we chose feb because the weather will be beautiful there and we chose Valentine's day (well, FI did because then he will have one less thing to remember, go figure) we will be doing the court thing here before we go, less expensive, but the ceremony will be on VDay in Mexico...
    Posted by keriteagz[/QUOTE]

<a href="http://community.theknot.com/cs/ks/user/default.aspx?membershipid=9227396415419375&plckUserId=9227396415419375" target="_blank" class="username_knot">keriteagz  </a>When I read your reasoning you made me think of a Guideposts story I read about women and their anniversary date choices.   One woman chose Valentine's Day to make it easy for her husband to remember.  Now she has to remind him when Valentine's Day is.  I thought it was a funny tidbit
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Laughing  (Same as KimDave52) February 29th, 2012!! LEAP YEAR WEDDING!

My other 1/2 & I have known eachother since junior high school, so waiting wasnt an issue. The day we started dating wasnt very exciting, so we decided to choose a day that only comes one time every 4 years. Though its a Wednesday, we are planning on having a momentous occasion to celebrate.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Cloe and Kim...We share our wedding date!  :) You guys are the first I've seen since we decided on the date. We chose it becuase I wanted to be married in snow.
  • Options
    Our Anniversary is the 19th, so we're getting married the 18th and then when midnight comes it will be the anniversary of the day we met... in the future we can always make a double day celebration out of it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards