February 2012 Weddings

I knew in my stomach this would happen!

Called my grandmother to see if anytihng came back in the mail: One undeliverable for his side...so I emailed his mother, I can't write another invite out so I can stick it in an envelope and mail it if need be) and then an accept for THREE when it was addressed to Mr and Mrs only....this is the family I am dreading to deal with all of them bringing their chidlren making it a pile of 16 kids....I don't know if I should call this weekend once I pick up the card or see if we get declines that will allow space for added children.
Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker

Re: I knew in my stomach this would happen!

• I would wait to say anything. Tho i do disagree with previous poster. Instead of thinking oh they got to bring their kid and I couldnt bring mine, as a guest I would think, wow, rude, they brought their kid anyway  or why on earth would you wanna bring 3 kids when you could have a few hours away and some grown up time.(aside from an infant of course) and yes, i LOVE kids, i have a few of my own haha, BUT I never assume an invite to me extends to all of them, AND I do enjoy when we can have a few hours of us time without them. Maybe she is just fearful that she wont be able to find a sitter and still wants to attend. I would wait on it a bit before calling her.

You can't argue with the universe..Well, you can, it just doesn't get you anywhere.

199 Are Invitedimage
    144 Are Most Definitly Ready to Celebrate image
    55 Are Missing Out or Couldnt Find Their Mailbox image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If this happens to me I plan on contacting the people right away and letting them know that we only have enough room for the people listed on the invite and maybe I'll tell them that if we get anyone who declines and we have the room we'll let them know and they can bring the person they added on.

I'm so excited to send out my invites and get rsvps but I am dreading having to deal with this! I hope the others don't do the same thing to you!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards