February 2012 Weddings

Who would change their venue with this much time left?

If you didn't have to pay a penalty or lose your deposit would you change your venue if you found another that offered more for about the same price.

I found a new venue by chance and the price is slightly lower but they offer more and they are more flexible.  They have treated me better thus far and have agreed to let me have a tasting dinner for up to 6 people before I sign anything. ($25/person for the tasting because I haven't signed but we would take it off if I did pick them)

The downside, the bar is slightly less deluxe. Better brands of alcohol but slightly less selection (no Jagermeister, no Goldslager, no frangelico which sucks) Still a deluxe bar though.

Also, the hors d'ouevres are slightly less appealing to me. They consist of three types of canape's

upside, more food for less money, (there is an extra course and the late night food is upgraded)

The woman at this second hall genuinely seems to want our buisness and always calls/emails right away even on Saturday or Sunday. She has made every effort to accomodate us and changed the package to suit our budget better.

Both halls look great. The second is a little fancier looking but the event space is slightly less. (both still hold well over the number of guests I have)

What would you do? Would you change if you found another place that could give you more for your money even if you sacrificed something you really want. (slightly better bar)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards