February 2012 Weddings

Shower Questions

I'm the first in my group of friends to marry (and the first daughter/niece/cousin/grandchild) so bridal showers are a little confusing to me.  

I thought the MOH was supposed to plan showers (and mine is my sister who is in college). A family friend offered to co-host one with my MOH, which will be in a few weeks.  Then my mom said she read that attendants are supposed to throw showers-not the MOH.  She sounded like she wanted me to ask my BMs to host me a shower, which I thought was rude. However, my BMs haven't done anything to help me with planning or anything. I have 2 BMs and one doesn't have her dress yet...and the wedding is in 38 days!!!  My mom thinks that the two of them should host a shower, but I think its rude to request.  How do I handle that?

Re: Shower Questions

• My mother and my MOH(which is my sister) threw and hosted the shower. My mother paid for the shower(at a restaurant) and my sister and 2 of the BM's paid for the decorations and kicked in the gift and did all the legwork(invites, setting up,etc). My other 2 BM's are not in the finacial position to do, 1 is only 13 years old(my niece-MOH's daughter) and my other niece who is college. My mother paid for their portion of the gift. My family is very generous and this is what they opted to do and I was very lucky. I know not everyone is in the same position. I think you should have your BM's and MOH and mother sit down and see how everyone is financially and go from there. I honestly wanted a home shower to save money but my guest list was over 90 people and it became out of control and just too much work. But if they can organize a home shower I find them more personal and comfortable. Everyone can cook their favorite meal or can decide on some theme and go from there. But first and foremost they need to think of a budget and what they are able to afford. If your BM's and MOH don't mind your friend contributing then I would have them take her offer.

• Anyone can throw it but typically the bridal party does. My family threw a formal shower and my moh is throwing a lingerie shower
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • My MOH did mine (stressed a lot but she did) and in the end it was better then ANYONE could have anticipated so lovely. My BM and other bestie is in charge of the bachelorette and my little sister helps both of them out as she is 17 with no funds or car lol. Anyone can host it for you usually.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Technically I think ANYONE can host a shower for the bride?
    You can't argue with the universe..Well, you can, it just doesn't get you anywhere.

199 Are Invitedimage
    144 Are Most Definitly Ready to Celebrate image
    55 Are Missing Out or Couldnt Find Their Mailbox image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2012-weddings_shower-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:94076715-01be-4544-b5ad-db7fe810eb77Discussion:eaf9f94b-91f7-4d51-83c5-00caff309706Post:090b8b4a-7e91-4107-961e-8e9a780449c7">Re: Shower Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Technically I think ANYONE can host a shower for the bride?
    Posted by lnl1025[/QUOTE]

"sometimes" and it could be checked on the E board moms are not supposed to host....I guess because back in the day they hosted the wedding....I could be wrong but I know mothers can host baby showers lol
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards