Michigan-Grand Rapids

A NOT so good recommendation

So I know our wedding isnt until Sept 2011, but I am trying to get everything set up and done now, seeing as we live in VA and are getting married in Grandville MI. So what do you say someone you contacted for services who declines you?  Aaron Diaz videographer is a newbe who is advertizing to get his name out. We contacted him,  he response was thanks, but not thanks bc I will have done enough wedding in the future that I wont be offering the price I am offering now. But if we are still looking come next year, then contact him back  the closer it gets to our wedding for the new prices. Funny bc I have a friend who is getting married in 2 weeks who I was also going to refer him to bc she just emailed freaking bc the family member who was suppose to do her wedding bailed. So I guess if anyone on here is looking for a cheap videographer who is getting married soon and doesnt mind using a newby, then this guy Aaron Diaz would be for you. But make sure your day is coming up soon bc if not, he wont bother doing your wedding bc he will have a name by the time 2011 comes around. I guess I am just peeved bc when you are a new business, you dont treat people like that, especially someone willing to sign a contract, pay you now, and could recommend you across the state with both side of all our family living somewhere between Flint and the UP.  I used to own a DJ service in Holland MI and I would have NEVER  treated a client like that.

Re: A NOT so good recommendation

• AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_not-good-recommendation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:07b3c2d6-fdb5-427f-a21d-1779d872a710Post:f9ece3e2-3578-426e-a63f-804a57bbd5d0">A NOT so good recommendation</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I know our wedding isnt until Sept 2011, but I am trying to get everything set up and done now, seeing as we live in VA and are getting married in Grandville MI. So what do you say someone you contacted for services who declines you?  Aaron Diaz videographer is a newbe who is advertizing to get his name out. We contacted him,  he response was thanks, but not thanks bc I will have done enough wedding in the future that I wont be offering the price I am offering now. But if we are still looking come next year, then contact him back  the closer it gets to our wedding for the new prices. Funny bc I have a friend who is getting married in 2 weeks who I was also going to refer him to bc she just emailed freaking bc the family member who was suppose to do her wedding bailed. So I guess if anyone on here is looking for a cheap videographer who is getting married soon and doesnt mind using a newby, then this guy Aaron Diaz would be for you. But make sure your day is coming up soon bc if not, he wont bother doing your wedding bc he will have a name by the time 2011 comes around. I guess I am just peeved bc when you are a new business, you dont treat people like that, especially someone willing to sign a contract, pay you now, and could recommend you across the state with both side of all our family living somewhere between Flint and the UP.  I used to own a DJ service in Holland MI and I would have NEVER  treated a client like that.
    Posted by hoping4amiracle[/QUOTE]

Look, things are going to go wrong in the planning process, people are going to peeve you off, and honestly, in the scheme of things, this is not a big deal.  Not to mention, that most venues actually have clauses in their contracts in regard to price changes, so it's something you're just going to have to get used to.

Don't get upset over the little stuff like this.  A year from now, there will be a new videographer trying to get their name out there who you can snap up for a decent price too. This is definitely something you can set up last minute with no worries.
  • shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I understand...this would rub me the wrong way too.  As a vendor, I think you should be really careful about turning people away when you are new and trying to make a name for yourself, and it looks like he just shot himself in the foot.  Keep looking for someone else, possibly another newcomer that is more interested in customer service....  Keep your head up!!
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards