Michigan-Grand Rapids

have to pick from these four caterers...

Our reception site is Frederik Meijer Gardens, so we have to pick from one of these four caterers: Taste of the Gardens (the in house caterer)Gilmore Collection CateringApplause CateringThe Catering Co.  Has anybody heard anything about these caterers? I'd rather not do four tasting sessions, esp. when some of these places charge...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: have to pick from these four caterers...

• edited December 2011
    We're having our rehearsal dinner with the Gilmore Collection- they always have great food and great service! And we've been to weddings at the Gardens and the food has always been really really good. I had a friend who used Applause, it wasn't bad but it wasn't anything super special.
  • edited December 2011
    that really helps, thanks! i'm not even from gr, FI is, so I need lots of help :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Im using Adeline Leigh so unfortunately I haven't done tasting with any of them, but i don't think I'd want to use a place that makes me pay to taste their food. 
  • racystacey07racystacey07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i highly highly recommend kim with the gilmore collection. they are very professional and easy to work with. we had the most amazing food (and im a major food snob and normally think wedding food sucks) and service at our wedding. i cant imagine going with anyone else.
  • maxandjuliamaxandjulia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we were pleased with Applause - they really went out of their way to do everything I asked.  Melissa and Adam were our contacts
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards