Michigan-Grand Rapids

*MissSheena*

I saw on the Knottie date list that your reception is at McFadden's on the 29th. We are using them for our rehearsal dinner on the 28th so I would love to hear about decoration ideas you have and how you are setting everything up! (I'm assuming you are in the pearl room, 3rd floor?). Also if there is anything you want to bring over early or keep there Friday night let me know and I'm sure we could figure something out. Happy wedding planning!
Lindsey & John
imageWedding Countdown Ticker
275image 183image 92image

Re: *MissSheena*

• edited December 2011
    Hi! I don't really have too much planned out for the reception because I haven't actually seen the room. I'm in SC and found everything online and liked how it looked, so when my mom went there she said it looks just like it does in the pictures, so I said go for it. So my fiance and I will come look at it when were home for Christmas. But what I do know I'll be doing for decor is black & white with pops of color. So like black chairs, white linens, black napkins, black chargers with white plates. Then I want like really bright green & purple floral centerpieces. But that's about as far as I've gotten. My mom and sis's MIL have come up with some ideas for decorating to do in front of the mantles and stuff, but I really just need to see the room so I can picture it all. Oh, and one other idea I had was to frame some pics of my fiance and I to put on those shelves that are around the mantle. So if you have any ideas for me - I would appreciate any ideas!
  • edited December 2011
    I was thinking black and white too! That would work really well in that room. I live in Chicago but since I am close by I was able to go check it out a couple months ago. I really like the setup, I think it will be alot of fun. My MIL is technically in charge but she lives in Seattle so I know I will need to assist! We have B&W pictures from our engagement pics so I could use those somehow as well, either on the tables or the mantles.The room itself is a little dark so I am also thinking a lot of candles and white/silver accents to brighten it up. Let me know once you see the room, maybe I will run into you over Christmas if I am there checking it out as well! I only took a couple pics on my phone last time so I want to go take more.  
    Lindsey & John
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    275image 183image 92image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards