Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Need suggestions for excellent wedding food ~~ Frustrated

I am so disappointed. I went to English Hills tonight for there wedding food tasting event. I was there for a wedding a couple of weeks ago and thought it was decent but tonight really disappointed me. Tonight was Sub Par to say the most. I have been to several weddings this year from K of C in Wyoming, English Hills, private caterers, etc. And it all taste the same, nothing spectacular just different prices. With that being said can anybody recommend a reception hall or caterer that has excellent food, not your average tasting to below average tasting wedding food?

Re: Need suggestions for excellent wedding food ~~ Frustrated

• Options
    Spartan5Spartan5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Adeline Leigh and I felt the same way when I went to their group tasting. I called and they set up a private tasting at my convienence. It was AWESOME. They also are a "best of the knot" rated and get raves on this board. I'd say try them out if you haven't.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Noto's and while I have not gone to a wedding tasting I have eaten at the restaurant and it has always been good. I know a few people who have had parties there and they all raved about the food.
    Lindsey & John
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    275image 183image 92image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I seconf Adeline Leigh - went to on of the summer tastings and they were fabulous. The food is the most important partto me, and I am so excited about them. As PP said, they are listed as best  of the best of the Knot, and are one of 3 in Michigan, the only one in W. Michigan.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions!  I am going to check out Adeline next Saturday November 7th.  My cousin is getting married (my 5th wedding this year) and using her for the catering.  With some of these reception venues I think you are paying more for a name or venue then you are for the actual products and services.
  • Options
    poopoo2829poopoo2829 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going to use Catered Creations. We went to a reception they catered at Post Family Farm and the food was FABULOUS, so was the service. The bride is a friend of the family, and she raved about them. You might want to give them a call.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Adeline Leigh for second time. I used them years ago and are utilizing them again. They offer so many choices and let you keep your food that you have left over. Anne is great to work with. They also have many budget options.
  • Options
    TheWopTheWop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Quail Ridge Golf Club.  AMAZING food.  People from my wedding are STILL talking about how good the food was.  Anyone I've ever talked to who had their reception there raves about the food.  Highly recommended, especially for the price.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards