Michigan-Grand Rapids

Vendor Reviews

(I'm doing these off the cuff, so bear with me)Hair: Sculptures Studio, St. Joseph- Aimee: A+Aimee was my stylist while I lived in St. Joe, and I knew that the only one who could give me the style that I wanted, would be her.  We didn't have a trial, and while I wanted something that was different, and even a bit difficult, she didn't get discouraged, and kept at it until she got the style right.  Highly recommended.Ceremony: St. Cecilia's Music Center: A-Carla was really on top of everything, and always was fast with answering questions.  They're getting an A- because the week before the wedding, communication just fell apart because they had a big musical event happening.  When my sister's arrived there to get ready for the wedding, the front desk didn't even know there was a wedding planned for that day.  However, the chairs and the room were set up, so it didn't really cause any problems, but it definitely could have.  One thing that I really loved about this place, was that they let you have pretty much free reign of the facility.  We took photos in the prop rooms and on the stage... it was awesome.Reception: Bistro Bella Vita: A++Julie is, in a word, amazing.  They go so far above and beyond that I literally had nothing to do, other than pick the menu, and tell them how to set up the tables.  They allowed us to bring in our ipod for music, set up and tore down all the tables, and provided us with such fantastic service during the meal.  All of my guests were impressed with the food and everything about the venue.  I was very happy that we went with them!Photography: Lisa Karczag A!!Lisa is so great!  We were the first wedding that she booked, but not the first one that she shot.  I can't believe the amount of work she put in to scouting locations, taking test shots of the lighting inside the venue... it all goes on and on!  The day of, she was so upbeat and happy and kept us all going and having fun.  I say, book this lady fast, because she is very shortly going to become a popular and expensive photographer!Cake: Sweet Cakes Design ABarb is very easy to work with- she even let my husband design the cake! She was always very sweet and helpful- even when I had a panic attack about forgetting to pay her!  Our flavors were coconut cake with a lime curd, and spice cake with caramel.  Really different, but incredibly delicious.  Our guests were raving about the cake, and how tasty it was.  I liked that it wasn't overwhelmed with too-sweet frosting, and that you could actually taste CAKE and not sugar.  Definitely a must for a GR wedding!

Re: Vendor Reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards