Michigan-Grand Rapids

Where do I get my hair done?

I need help, locals.  :)  I currently live on "the other side of the state" in Brighton and have no idea where to go get my hair done for the wedding.  My parents live in Grandville, so I'll be going from there to the wedding, which is at the Meijer Gardens.  It's at 6 (so I can go 'get ready' at 3 or 4) on a Sunday if that matters.
I also have no idea how long this will take and when to make the appointment, but where is important now.  I think I'll do my own makeup unless the hair place can convince me they can do better for a reasonable price.
Thanks girls!

Re: Where do I get my hair done?

• I absolutely love DollHouse hair salon. It's totally girly (bright pink walls!), the stylists are amazing, and I believe they have bridal party packages. It's in Kentwood right off of M-6 on Kalamzoo Avenue. 
  • Hey fellow East-sider (I'm from Howell!!) Design1 studio is fantastic! They have  salon about 10 miles from Meijer gardens, 
    Happily married since 8.25.2012
  • Depending on your budget, I was also going to suggest Design1. They are a little bit more on the expensive side, but fabulous. There is one by the gardens, and one right in grandville too. 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the suggestions!  I'm a believer in you get what you pay for.  :)  Our wedding is low-er budget but still formal and of course I need to look my best!

• My hairdresser is from Rockford and she can travel to the spot to do your hair. I would really recommend it having done at the church or your house. 
  • There is no church.  :)  I made an appointment at the Doll House - the place is super cute.  Design1 isn't open, either. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards