Michigan-Grand Rapids

garden wedding

We are looking for a garden or outdoor wedding/reception combo site with 45-50 invites.Would really like to stay in the west michigan area. The issue is the budget and unknown location site. We want the experience to be beautiful and breathtaking  Need advise!

Re: garden wedding

• Some of the local prks have really nice spots, and you can rent a space, the draw back is they can get pretty busy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • A park is a wonderful idea. The only thing is that I have had friends and cowrkers tell me its bad luck. That really freaks me out. Thank you for the reply. Always looking if you have anyother ideas.
  • Have you looked into the Meijer gradens? They were a bit too pricey for us but we also had a guest list over 300. There is also Post Family Farms in Hudsonville/Jenison area. They have a beautiful site as well.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I can't for the life of me remember which one it was, but one of my friends got married at a small park in Jenison or Hudsonville... it was actually in a small building.  Very cute.
    We're doing the Meijer Gardens.  Which is sort of pricey ($2600 for a ceremony at the waterfall and reception in the Seasonal/Victorian for 40 people).  But compared to a lot of other "nice" spaces we thought it was actually reasonable for what they provide in terms of the space itself and the services. 
    It's a lot cheaper for other spaces outdoors or to stay inside - you can do really small ceremony in the Conservatory and reception in the Seasonal or ceremony in the Victorian (that's our backup!).  There's the whole farm up on the hill, too.
  • I had a really hard time finding a beautiful outside location as well! However, I found the Golf Club at Thornapple Pointe and it is perfect! It is affordable ($300) and they have been great in terms of working with your preferences. 
    Happily married since 8.25.2012
  • Try Baypointe Inn on Gun Lake - ceremony right next to the lake but also beautiful gardens and nice accommodations.  They have a wedding attendant who helps also.  Great food, too.  It's reasonably priced.  A more expensive option is Meijer Gardens.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards