Michigan-Grand Rapids

Where to go for alterations?

Hi ladies!

I live on the NE side of GR, and am looking for a place to recommend for alterations. My dress comes in next week, and I know I need a few alterations and bustle done, but not too much. I just read a post about Ha Alterations in Walker (lake Michigan Dr), which is a little drive, but if they are the best, I'm definitely willing.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Where to go for alterations?

• I got my dress from Becker's Bridal which doesn't do in-house alterations, they also suggested Ha Alterations and that's where I'll be going.  They said they were very professional and were used to handling their dresses with great results.  The only other seamstress I've worked with was Neena's Needle out of Fruitport, Michigan and she was TERRIBLE, confused my dress with another bridesmaids and didn't do the work I needed, dress was ruined - DISASTER!
  • I guess I will check them out a little more then! Thanks Jinxed

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm curious to know also! My dress will need lots of alteration as well
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_where-to-go-for-alterations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:369868dc-5cba-4950-8c41-26492de8e4e5Post:09d1cade-8e78-4078-a2bc-7817177d9db3">Re: Where to go for alterations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm curious to know also! My dress will need lots of alteration as well
    Posted by cowpoke06[/QUOTE]

<div>Cowpoke -- TK deleted a couple days worth of posts, but someone posted saying they have heard of Ha as a good place to go as well. I'm going to look into them a little more after my dress comes in. :)</div>

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Why would my post have been deleted????
  • edited April 2012
    Jinxed - I couldn't remember who it was that posted! It was not just here that posts were deleted, it was threads everywhere on TK.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • A Perfect Fit in Kentwood.  Jeanne did an awesome job with my dress and is really affordable.  She'll let you keep your dress there until you need to pick it up for the wedding. She also steams it for no additional charge.
  • Creative needle by Lana. She is so sweet. Have been doing this for 30 years. Mostly out of her basement but also contract with bridal shops during bridal seasons. I got mine alter there, she's very helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards