Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Which look do you prefer?

In planning your wedding, what attire did you imagine your FI and GM's in?

Re: Which look do you prefer?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I prefered suits, but my FI found a medium gray tux he liked at Men's Wearhouse, so we ended up going with that. I don't think it looks quite as formal as a black tux though.
    Lindsey & John
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    275image 183image 92image
  • Options
    AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like suits because I figure a guy could always use (in our case) a black suit, and often has one already.  I prefer them to tuxes because (and this is in no way a dig at anyone's choices, it's just personal preference) I feel a tux these days is kind of "false".  you'll never have occasion to wear it again, unless you're in a field where you're constantly invited to fancy parties, in which case, you'll most likely own yours.  I also dislike the "rented" aspect.  It reminds me a bit of trying to.. I don't know... rent underwear or something! haha
  • Options
    karenwjackmkarenwjackm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're planning a beach wedding, and I will just melt when I see my fiance in kaki linen pants and a white or pastel button-down shirt (untucked), tuxes are great for a formal affair, but my dream is us on the beach, with a breeze blowing through and the sun kissing our faces. Mmmm.
    As my fiance is fond of saying, "Just Relax....."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards