Michigan-Grand Rapids

Leaving ceremony...

Hey all-
I am trying to think of something creative/hassle-free for our guests to do when we leave the ceremony to go to the reception. Common things are birdseed, flower petals, bubbles....wondering if anyone has any other ideas that are easy and cheap!

Thanks!

Re: Leaving ceremony...

• akhensley81akhensley81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't do anything, but the church we used had pretty strict rules for what was (and was not) allowed. Do you know if your venue has parameters like that? If not, I would definitely check.

If you do something like this, remember that this stuff will likely end up inside your dress (not to mention your hair) and you'll either be digging out seeds all night afterward or be uncomfortable. I've seen people use flower petals, bubbles, confetti.

I think bubbles are cute. They're harmless and pretty when there's millions of them around. You can probably get colored bubbles too (or color them yourself) to match your wedding colors, which would look neat in your photos.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    But would colored bubbles leave a mark on her dress if landed on her? I mean people will be blowing bubbles at her and the groom...
  • akhensley81akhensley81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good point, MrsChasey. I was clearly not thinking that all the way through last night. Haha.
  • b0710b0710 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend the bubble idea too.  Other than that, it seems that the "stuff" just gets everywhere, on everything, etc. like askhensley said.
  • KMLaraKMLara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sparklers are fun too but really works best when it's dark.
  • kellivlkellivl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone! i think we'll stick with bubbles if we can find them at a place with good reviews! I love the sparklers idea, too. Unfortunately it will still be light out and it doesn't quite have the same effect :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards