Michigan-Grand Rapids

Location Trouble

I am in the process of planning my wedding for next June, and I am having some trouble with deciding on a venue. I am trying to plan in the Grand Rapids/Grand Haven/possibly Muskegon area and I would like to have an outdoor ceremony and an indoor reception (could be at the same location, but doesn't have to be) but I would ideally like to have the outdoor reception by the lakeshore. I don't necessarily want a beach wedding (I looked into that, and for the size of my wedding, I think it will be too complicated) but I think near the water would be nice. Am I being too picky? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you! 

Re: Location Trouble

• akhensley81akhensley81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

The Trillium Banquet Center in Spring Lake is not on Lake Michigan, but it's very closeby. You could do an outdoor ceremony/indoor reception - they have a lot of nice spaces.

Camp Geneva in Holland is right on Lake Michigan with a beautiful area on top of the dune overlooking the lake, that you could use for your ceremony. If I remember right, Geneva doesn't allow alcohol so that might not be the best place for a reception.

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in July 2012 and we looked at both the Trillium Banquet Center and Fruitport Golf Club Banquet Center.  The people at both are extremely nice and helpful.  They both offer outdoor ceremony sites and indoor reception halls (they both also have patio areas.)  We decided on Fruitport Golf Club Banquet Center because it just fit our needs and taste a little bit better! If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Also, Fricano's has a banquet room that overlooks Muskegon Lake. It is very pretty.
  • barbara1312barbara1312 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I've never been, but have heard good reports about Camp Blodgett, which is on Lake Michigan.  I believe they have an area for outdoor ceremony and indoor reception.

Good Luck with your  planning.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards