Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Kalamazoo Pre-Nup?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good & affordable lawyer for writing a pre-nup. We want to cover savings, money earned after marriage, child custody (if we have kids)...basically something to cover all the bases. 

Also, I've seen things for programs (Legal Zoom?) that write pre-nups.  Has anyone used this?

Recommendations?

Thanks!
Keep Moving Forward

Re: Kalamazoo Pre-Nup?

• Options
    SnippylynnSnippylynn member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We didn't use a lawyer in K'zoo, so I don't have any rec's for you (sorry).  Just be aware that the State of Michigan requires that BOTH parties have their seperate representation, to ensure that no one gets hoodwinked.

I would not use a program, I would use a lawyer.  The cost for both of us, was $1000.  However, keep in mind that we don't live in the US, so we couldn't put the research in to find a better price.  In fact, we had to shove it all in within 1 week.  And don't let anyone talk you out of one either.  I know a lot of people say they aren't romantic, but I think there isn't anything more romantic than making sure that the person you love the most in the world is taken care of in case something happens in the future.  Just my two cents!
  • Options
    finalgirlfinalgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
    Keep Moving Forward
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards