Michigan-Grand Rapids

Hotel in Grand Rapids for Honeymoon

My FI and I live in Ludington, and for our honeymoon we're flying to California and then taking a cruise to Mexico. Our wedding is on Sunday afternoon and our plane leaves at 6am Monday morning, so we're staying Sunday night in Grand Rapids. Any recommendations on a hotel for the wedding night that isn't insanely expensive?

Re: Hotel in Grand Rapids for Honeymoon

• edited December 2011
    Did you go to the Bridal Show last night?  If not, it was at the Country Inn and Suites on I96 and the Beltline.  The hotel is very fancy but its not Amway pricey.  Ive stayed there before and the rooms are very nice, I think it was less than $200, maybe $140 or so?  Its relatively close to the airport too :)
  • kelseydjameskelseydjames member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, I wasn't able to go to the show last night, but I will check out that hotel!
  • shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend the Amway or the JW Marriott.  I think the prices are under $200.  Otherwise, maybe try the Hilton (it's nice - that's where we had our wedding and it's close to the airport), which might be closer to $100 - $150.
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• akhensley81akhensley81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The JW is actually cheaper on the weekends, because it's marketed to business travelers. And it's really really really REALLY nice. I had a chance to tour it right after it opened, but I've never stayed there.
  • SnippylynnSnippylynn member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We stayed a couple of nights at the JW, and it was lovely.  Reallly liked it.  We actually stayed on the concierge level because we wanted to do something special since we weren't able to take a honeymoon, but I'm sure the regular floors are really nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards