Michigan-Grand Rapids

DOC remcommendations

Hi ladies,
I'm looking for a day of coordinator that isn't extremly expensive.  Who did you or are you going to use?

Thanks!

Re: DOC remcommendations

• shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would highly, highly recommend Ele3 Events (www.ele3events.com) or Elements of Elegance (www.elementofelegance.com).  I worked with both for our wedding (Ele3 was our DOC, Elements of Elegance did our flowers) and they were both great - very knowledgeable, professional and willing to go above and beyond.  They both also have very competitive, reasonable pricing for DOC packages.  You can read my full reviews on both - just click on the "vendor reviews" link in my siggy.  My only piece of advise would be to make sure you get references and use someone that has been in business longer than like 6 months (there are a few DOC's out there that charge like $200 and have done like 3 weddings, just FYI).
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• edited December 2011
    Amanda Lowry of Remember This... You can find her on facebook and this is her blog. http://rememberthisevents.blogspot.com/
    amandajlowry@live.com-email
    She did my wedding and was absolutely fantastic, she knew so many things i wouldn't have thought of and I was able to not stress about anything not getting done on my wedding day.  She currently charges $200 for the day of your wedding and $50 for the rehearsal if you want her there.  She is worth every penny and is so low in cost because she's just getting started.  Best of luck  
  • glitzyglamglitzyglam member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lauralanne2232 - I emailed her a few weeks back when I originally seen a recommendation you left about her. However, I haven't received a reply back since then.
  • edited December 2011
    Glitzyglam-I am sorry I will mention it to her, she may not have received it because she is usually very on top of things.  Maybe try e-mailing her again because she may not have gotten it?
  • heather_rae90heather_rae90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I e-mailed her and never heard back as well.
  • edited December 2011
    i would try her other e-mail which is the one i always used to contact her amanda.stockwell@hotmail.com
  • edited December 2011
    Julie with AndyLous is awesome!!!

She doesflowers and DOC and planning...

julie@andylous.com
  • nicoleb83nicoleb83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my 'maids got married last year and used Stella Event Design as her DOC. She absolutely loved them, and we'll probably be using them for our wedding as well! www.stellaeventdesign.com">www.stellaeventdesign.com

Like Shrades said, beware of the cheap planners who have no experience---I had a friend who did that and she had a horrible experience!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards