Michigan-Grand Rapids

ECHO... echoo... echooo

Re: ECHO... echoo... echooo

• shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

good question!  this board just up and died, seriously. 

**Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• edited December 2011
    it's finals week for me.  This is the first time I've been on in a long time, but now I need a distraction because I'm sick of studying.
    sad
  • rtv3rtv3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i just got engaged three weeks ago.... haven't really contributed a lot yet - that's my excuse!
    With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I come and check things out, and thats about it.

• edited December 2011
    I try to post occasionally, but there just isn't much going on. I blame the holidays as well. I've mostly been on my wedding month board as there is a lot more action there.
    Lindsey & John
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    275image 183image 92image
  • heather_rae90heather_rae90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I blame the new layout..works not-so-great on my dial-up. >.<
  • edited December 2011
    This website is so extremely slow for me!

I am getting married in August and kind of hitting a road block..... I can't find a dress or bridesmaid dresses for that matter! Where did everyone get their dress?

However, we do have our ceremony/reception place, photographer, cater, colors (black and white), and DJ.

I still need to figure out flowers and invitations though...any ideas?
  • AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_echo-echoo-echooo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:6ffc71f8-f66a-41c6-9ca1-4f37afdc3a98Post:45a654de-bf0e-428c-9837-4694a5e76f26">Re: ECHO... echoo... echooo</a>:
    [QUOTE]This website is so extremely slow for me! I am getting married in August and kind of hitting a road block..... I can't find a dress or bridesmaid dresses for that matter! Where did everyone get their dress? However, we do have our ceremony/reception place, photographer, cater, colors (black and white), and DJ. I still need to figure out flowers and invitations though...any ideas?
    Posted by holtkat1[/QUOTE]

If you can't find a dress, I'd say that you probably need to step back for a minute.  If you're stressing too much about finding THE perfect dress, you're really just not going to, IMO.  Also, realize that you may not be one of those people who have a "moment".  You won't cry or feel birds chirping and bells ringing! :)  I put mine on, felt great in it, felt like I could move around, and that was enough for me. 

I also did a B&W wedding, but I added little touches of different colors here and there, like purple and silver.  Keeps it from being too B&W.

I got my invites from weddingpaperdivas.  Love them!  Especially for more modern looking invites.  Flowers- easy, Horrocks!  They did a great job, and were way less than other places.
  • edited December 2011
    I am not the kind of person who would have a "moment". I am not waiting for that.... I just haven't had a lot of time to look.

I'll check out the invitation place. However, I live and am having my wedding in Kalamazoo so I don't know if Horricks would work since it is in GR
  • AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_echo-echoo-echooo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:6ffc71f8-f66a-41c6-9ca1-4f37afdc3a98Post:8e13b0ca-d525-432d-b514-97aabee24c44">Re: ECHO... echoo... echooo</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am not the kind of person who would have a "moment". I am not waiting for that.... I just haven't had a lot of time to look. I'll check out the invitation place. However, I live and am having my wedding in Kalamazoo so I don't know if Horricks would work since it is in GR
    Posted by holtkat1[/QUOTE]

Ah, yeah, that's a bummer.  I went in knowing what I wanted and it just happened to work. :)  I had one day, and tried 4 dresses on. lol

Horrocks is also in Battle Creek.  Wedding paper divas is online. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards