North Carolina
Options

Good morning.

I'm not ready for it to be Monday and I am definitely not ready for it to be 23 degrees out. I went to buy a winter coat yesterday because I figured it was getting cold enough for one and all the stores had bathing suits out! So I guess I'll have to order it online. 

How was your weekend?

Re: Good morning.

• Options
    Good morning.  It really was ridiculously cold this weekend. I am tired of being cooped up in the house!  Maybe you will be able to get a good discount on the coat since they are already selling spring lines.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Morning! Totally understand. I went coat shopping a couple weeks ago. Ended up getting a coat that wat $150 for $50 at NY&Co in AVL Mall. Walmart has some still I think if you really need one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good morning! It really is too cold. I'm so over having to scrape my windows in the mornings. I'm also ready for warm weather because that'll mean the wedding is even closer! After this weekend it's all started to feel really real and im so excited about that. Someone asked if the wedding was getting close and my mom reminded me that is was when I started to say sort of!
  • Options
    Morning!

Marshalls and TJMaxx still had some winter coats. They were mostly in the clearence section though, so selection may be slim. I totally wasn't ready for this cold weather. Last week we had our windows open in the house and it felt great. We also had our heat off all of last week. Now its back on :(

Our weekend was lazy. I've been working on a spring wreath, so Im almost finished with that.

I've also got pot roast in the crockpot for dinner. I want it now. . .

Hope everyone has a great day and stay warm!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Really over the cold weather!  
    FH and I decided to go out for our nice Valentine's Day dinner on Saturday to avoid the craziness on Tuesday.  We went to 131 Main and had some seriously yummy steaks.

The high winds knocked our power out Saturday night around 8:30... a whole 20 minutes after getting home from dinner... and the house got really cold, really quickly.  We ended up hanging out at our neighbors house in front of their fireplace playing board games and drinking until about 2am when it came back on... so, could have been worse!  I was more worried about the temperature dropping in my 2 aquariums and losing all my fish than me being cold... happy to report that all of my finned friends made it through the night.

We got some wedding detail stuff finished Saturday morning and I went shopping with FMIL for all of the tableware for our RD yesterday... so not a bad weekend here!

I'm way too excited about next weekend to get anything done at work this week... I have a hair & MU trial and a dress fitting on Saturday, my shower is on Sunday, and then my co-workers are doing a lunch for me on Tuesday.  All of my OOT BMs are coming into town on Friday to spend the weekend with me :)
  • Options
    I hate how early they put out swimsuits.

I am NOT ready to think about swimsuits in February.  Keep the coats out while it's still cold, folks.  Most of us are not that prepared.
  • Options
    I surprised my dad by showing up on his doorstep for his 60th birthday, we had a great time.  He lives in Roanoke, Va and it was COLD.  Negative wind chill temps.  FI said that it was almost that cold here in Charlotte.

Very little wedding talk this weekend which was very good, I'm just a bit burned out on it ATM :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, i am SO on wedding burnout, Happy.  I cannot wait to be done!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_good-morning-183?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:f4fc5ac0-477a-4081-878d-792f6f53dd28Post:8f1fba17-748c-4c90-92a6-82e401bb6573">Re: Good morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, i am SO on wedding burnout, Happy.  I cannot wait to be done!
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

<div>this times like a million!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards