Michigan-Grand Rapids

Seamstress needed Kalamazoo area

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a seamstress in the Kalamazoo area.  I bought my dress a little ways away and would like to have a local place for fittings.  The place I bought my dress from does not include this service in the price of the dress.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Jecguila

Re: Seamstress needed Kalamazoo area

• edited December 2011
    I didn't need to have my bridal gown altered but I take my other stuff to Maria's Tailor Shop on Westnedge. It's a small little place but that lady knows her stuff! My brother takes all his suits there and is always happy as well.

• jecguilajecguila member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your suggestion, I will check it out Laughing
  • Wh15k3yG1rlWh15k3yG1rl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if you are still looking, but there is an AWESOME woman just outside of Vicksburg. She makes wedding dresses and does alterations. For my junior prom, I actually bought a wedding dress from DB's $99 sale and she did all the alterations for me at a good price. If you are interested, I can get you her information. She does it out of her house, but she is called the "Village Dress Maker".
  • jecguilajecguila member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wh15k3yG1rl:  Actually, I am being proactive and I don't even have my dress yet (I had to order it).  So, yes if you could get me her info then I will have 2 options.  I want to make sure that whomever I use, has past experience with wedding dresses.  Thanks for all your help!!
  • edited December 2011
    I am actually in the same situation. I'm looking to get a bustle done to my dress. Could you get my the contact info for the woman in Vicksburg?
    Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Aholton88Aholton88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have used Maria on Westnedge since i was in high school for all my needs from cheerleading uniform to formal dresses... She always had a wedding dress every year that i had my cheerleading uniform fitted. Her prices are very reasonable
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would be ver interested in the Vicksburg Lady's contact information too! Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards