Michigan-Grand Rapids

Think I found my photographer?

I feel like I have quite a lot done. The venue, colors, flowers.
Had been struggling to find a photographer.
Because I live near Detroit but wedding is in GR I could expand my search.
I am finding the photogs around Lansing are less expensive than Detroit or GR for what you get.
I met with Town Square Photo yesterday and really liked the work and prices and experience they had to offer and they are my first choice right now.
I have an appointment to meet with one more though.
I am wondering if I should just book town square and cancel the other appointment?
They hold my date for 24 hours to allow me time to make a decision but my appointment with the other photog isn't until Friday.

Re: Think I found my photographer?

• If you're absolutely positive there's nothing the other photographer could show you that you'd like better, then there's no reason to still meet with them.  However, from my own experience looking for a photographer, I would say still keep the appointment.  The chances that in the couple hour gap between when Town Square releases the hold on your date and when you meet with the other photographer someone else calls TS to say they want your date is incredibly slim, and there's always the chance you like the other photographer better.

Maybe ask TS if they'd be willing to hold it an extra day?
  • Keep all appointments...you never know until you go. Also, to throw another wrench in your plans, a friend of mine owns pink tutu photography. Her work is a little more artsy, but I know she's popular & affordable. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know I'm a little late here...did you already book? There's a photographer Mike Banno in GR who does wedding photos for a reasonable fee (I think $1,000?) and you get all day coverage I think plus unlimited images...all images edited on a disk to do what you want. He will literally do what you want so you get your own style persay, his photos are a lot of photojournalism style (candids) and artsy too. Check out his photos and see if you like them I guess if you still need to book:
    www.twistedlightphotography.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards