Michigan-Grand Rapids

In need of a wedding officiate

We are not members of a church and therefore do not have a pastor to marry us. We are getting married in a park and cannot find anyone to do it. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places but so far I have only found people who charge hundreds of dollars to do a 10 minute ceremony. Can anyone help?

Re: In need of a wedding officiate

• beccaroomubeccaroomu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the same problem. Try to locate a local judge or magistrate who will perform the ceremony for you. For example, we're marrying in South Haven and while the city hall will tell you to just come in on Fridays when they do ceremonies, you can call a judge or magistrate directly and they will most likely come out to your spot. I also know this because my dad performs them in WI. Ask around or even call some of the local judges/magistrates to ask.

Also, we live in Illinois and I grew up in WI and was a member of a Lutheran church there. What we ended up doing was calling a Lutheran church and the pastor agreed to come to us at a home where we are getting married. Don't settle for those expensive people online!
    Happily married in South Haven, MI on June 4, 2011.
  • edited December 2011
    How much is too much?  Have you checked wedding wire?  I found our officiates on that site and I too am getting married in a park.  It is a couple and they are super easy to work with.  They have a fee of around $300 with a rehearsal included.  The website is earthbound weddings.  They are out of Kalamazoo, but are willing to travel to GR.  Private msg me if you wanna chat more!

Catie
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    PP have great suggestions - check craigslist too - but be sure to review credentials.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic 195image 155image 40image
  • edited December 2011

In MI you can get ordained on the internet and perform weddings  so my brother is marrying us. So if someone close to you would be willing this could be a choice as well. Good Luck!

• edited December 2011
    We're hoping to be married by the mayor of Battle Creek (she just has to be re-elected in November haha), and my parents were married by the mayor of South Haven. The mayor isn't charging us anything, which is what I like best about her!
    Photobucket
  • qttchicaqttchica member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found a officiant by the name of Lou Wislocki.  He's a Reverend I believe and he's been very prompt and responsive to all my questions.  He allowed us to write our own kind of nonconventional vows and he's only charging us $150.  His website is weddingsbylou.com.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using a friend who was ordained, his name is Adam Kragt, he is from the Holland area and his fee is 200. I believe that you can find his infromation on facebook if you search his name, he as a page for his wedding services.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards