Michigan-Grand Rapids

Tacky Reception

So Im having my reception at a union hall to save money. Would it be tacky to have a photographer because it wont be a traditional wedding reception site? And would it be weird to have a Dj? It doesnt have any carpet and no lines for a dance floor So how would i seperate it so it looks like a dance floor?

Re: Tacky Reception

• edited December 2011
    I'd have both photographer and DJ anyway. Can you arrange the tables on one end so there's an open floor area for dancing? I think the guests will get the point when you do your first dance in that area.
  • amy7177amy7177 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    of course it wont be tacky sweety, its your big day no matter where you hold your reception. In the end, memories will all be a blur and its those pictures that will say it all. You will want a dj to have a good time and dancing. It looks like the previous poster really did a good suggestion on where to put tables and the dj. If anyone tells you this is tacky then they arent very nice. No matter what you will want those pictures.
    Married on July 29, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with LucyHC NOT tacky at all I have DJ'D many like this its all imigintion. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards