Michigan-Grand Rapids

Beach Wedding/Reception Hall Needed!!

I am planning a West Michigan Wedding! I am planning my 2011 Summer wedding on a beach in West Michigan somewhere. Does anyone have any ideas for a great, professional reception hall afterwards? I'm looking in the Grand Haven, Holland, Saugatuck, Muskegon, even Ludington area. 

Re: Beach Wedding/Reception Hall Needed!!

• AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Camp Blodgett is popular, St. Joseph has the big band shell right on the beach near the lighthouse and then the Heritage Hall nearby. 
  • jleigh1902jleigh1902 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine had her reception at Above & Beyond in Muskegon/Norton Shores. It's not far from Hoffmaster(?) Park. It was a beautiful reception.
  • shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats on your engagment!!  I would suggest Above & Beyond, Trillium, The Holiday Inn Spring Lake, Windmill Island, City Flats Hotel (Holland), and I'm sure there are others I am missing!
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• kaikaykaikay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Camp Blodgett! I had my reception there and loved it. It has such a gorgeous view. The sun coming through the windows was breaktaking. It only accomodates smaller weddings though. It can seat 160 people max.

A photo of our reception set-up:
    http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v241/186/67/1097798019/n1097798019_30042731_5280.jpg
  • smurgmurfysmurgmurfy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Grand Haven Golf Club, Fruitport Golf Club are good choices.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! I am going the same route you are for my wedding this year! We are having our ceremony at Kirk Park, a county park on Lake Michigan between Holland and GH! Our reception is at HarbourFront Grand Hall, which is located in the old Piano Factory right above Porto Bellos in downtown GH. Its got the exposed brick look and a outdoor area for guests to get away from the party that over looks the city and the channel. The people who run it are very helpful... it books quickly! We got engaged in October of 2009 and had only 2 dates besides Friday nights to work with for the summer of 2010.

I'd also try Bay Pointe located on Gun Lake! Its a beautiful resort located on Gun Lake... it has an option to do a reception outside but everything is in one place... the lake and beach are not the same as Lake Michigan but if you look at some of the photographers websites you can find some weddings that have been there! Try looking on K. Holly's blog... she done resent weddings at both locations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards