Michigan-Grand Rapids

Rehearsal Dinner Venue- Grand Haven or Muskegon- Suggestions Please!

My Fiance and I are looking for a Rehearsal Dinner Venue in either Grand Haven (ceremony location) or Muskegon that can fit up to 50 people for our June 2013 wedding.

I am from Grand Rapids so I am not too familiar with the area, I need help!

Suggestions please!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Venue- Grand Haven or Muskegon- Suggestions Please!

• We're having our rehearsal at K2 in The Kirby House, they also have a smaller room downstairs.  Otherwise Porto Bello comes to mind, but that's where we're having our ceremony.

Jacks in the Spring Lake Holiday Inn.

Muskegon: The Lake House, The Holiday Inn, Hobos Tavern (a bit farther north than you might want to go).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_rehearsal-dinner-venue-grand-haven-or-muskegon-suggestions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:95Discussion:dc0e85ed-c4a0-48f6-b531-9ca5f7b60e4ePost:4f7d00ab-a7b3-46e7-8204-7c6a08b054e7">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Venue- Grand Haven or Muskegon- Suggestions Please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're having our rehearsal at K2 in The Kirby House, they also have a smaller room downstairs.  Otherwise Porto Bello comes to mind, but that's where we're having our ceremony. Jacks in the Spring Lake Holiday Inn. Muskegon: The Lake House, The Holiday Inn, Hobos Tavern (a bit farther north than you might want to go).
    Posted by Jinxed329[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the suggestions!  I wanted K2 but the room big enough to fit my entire party is already booked :(  But I will try a few of your recommendations that I have not already reached out to, thank you!

And congrats to you, Porto Bello is beautiful!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_rehearsal-dinner-venue-grand-haven-or-muskegon-suggestions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:dc0e85ed-c4a0-48f6-b531-9ca5f7b60e4ePost:8f6d34b6-4101-4f99-b5b0-4c15cf207042">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Venue- Grand Haven or Muskegon- Suggestions Please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rehearsal Dinner Venue- Grand Haven or Muskegon- Suggestions Please! : Thank you for the suggestions!  I wanted K2 but the room big enough to fit my entire party is already booked :(  But I will try a few of your recommendations that I have not already reached out to, thank you! And congrats to you, Porto Bello is beautiful!
    Posted by Melis1021[/QUOTE]
    Oh yikes, sorry I just noticed you're looking to seat 50 people!  That's like planning a mini-wedding!  I would definitely re-suggest the Lake House in Muskegon then.  Their service is top notch and I know they can fit you into one of their ballrooms.  I think Jacks can fit that many in their "West Windows" room, we had my mom's birthday party there once.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_rehearsal-dinner-venue-grand-haven-or-muskegon-suggestions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:dc0e85ed-c4a0-48f6-b531-9ca5f7b60e4ePost:75d819f8-9517-44e0-b3c6-e3820857bc2f">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Venue- Grand Haven or Muskegon- Suggestions Please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rehearsal Dinner Venue- Grand Haven or Muskegon- Suggestions Please! : Oh yikes, sorry I just noticed you're looking to seat 50 people!  That's like planning a mini-wedding!  I would definitely re-suggest the Lake House in Muskegon then.  Their service is top notch and I know they can fit you into one of their ballrooms.  I think Jacks can fit that many in their "West Windows" room, we had my mom's birthday party there once.
    Posted by Jinxed329[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>The Lake House is my first choice!  I called there, and they wont book a RD until after February in hopes they can book a reception, fingers crossed!</div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks again!

</div>
  • As a Muskegon County resident (and about to be married in January in the city), I can definitely recommend the Lake House for your needs. I've been there a couple of times for dinners and a function for my fiance's work, and the place is awesome. Good service people, good views, and their dining rooms can accomodate that sized party for sure. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_rehearsal-dinner-venue-grand-haven-or-muskegon-suggestions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:dc0e85ed-c4a0-48f6-b531-9ca5f7b60e4ePost:706b8073-9fab-41ac-bfb3-f94874716adb">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Venue- Grand Haven or Muskegon- Suggestions Please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]As a Muskegon County resident (and about to be married in January in the city), I can definitely recommend the Lake House for your needs. I've been there a couple of times for dinners and a function for my fiance's work, and the place is awesome. Good service people, good views, and their dining rooms can accomodate that sized party for sure. 
    Posted by gogowed[/QUOTE]

<div>We just booked our Rehearsal Dinner at Double JJ Resort.  I don't know if that is too far north, it is only about 20 mins. from Muskegon, plus we could get group pricing for rooms too.</div>
  • We had our rehearsal dinner 50 guests at Jacks Restaurant at the Holiday Inn in Spring Lake. The room was beautiful, the food was great, and they were easy to work with!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards