Michigan-Grand Rapids

Limo Service

Hi All! 

I'm looking for a Limo for my September 17th wedding.  I need it for literally, like, an hour and a half.  I know most places have a 2 hour minimum, and most of the limos I have found have been $400+.  I can't justify spending that much money, especially when I'm paying for more time than I really need.  The wedding is in the Grand Haven area, so I'm looking for limos in the GH, Muskegon, Holland area, but will go into Grand Rapids if htere is a good idea.  Any ideas for me?
Anniversary

Re: Limo Service

• edited December 2011
    I literally called every limo place in GR/Muskegon area a couple weeks ago and most were booked, and had a minimum of 2 hrs like you said.   DADDs had a couple openings I think, you could try them.  Good luck!
  • kwreckskwrecks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yep, for $700. ugh. Is your wedding september 17 too?
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    They gave me a price for I think 625.  I'm sept 17 also.  What time do you need the limo from.
  • kwreckskwrecks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I need it from about 4-5:30
    Anniversary
  • jazzybaccjazzybacc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MetroCars.. They rent hourly for $65 an hour for the executive van, not sure about a regular limo.
    http://www.metrocars.com/gallery/Limousine-2/1.html

Also, call local funeral homes.  They rent them out pretty cheap I've heard.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • randolphs2023randolphs2023 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what do you say to a limo service if you wanna book with them because because they told me to go online and fill out a quote or whatever i think im slow cuz im just not understanding how to book..lol
  • edited December 2011
    We rented a 10-passenger limo for FI's 30th birthday a couple weeks ago. We used All-American Sedan & Limousine. http://www.myamericanlimo.com/rates.asp We really liked them and they were very professional, both with the booking and the driver. It looks like they have hourly minimums but their rates are reasonable. They charge gratuity up front, which is nice if you were planning on paying it anyway, as you don't have to worry about having cash with you when you use the limo.

I don't think you'll find a place that would allow you to use the limo for just an hour and a half and not charge you a 2+ hour minimum. Is having a limo an absolute must for you? Could you just rent a nice Town Car or something of the sort, to save money, and have your bridal party driven around by a family member?

Good luck!!! :)
  • edited December 2011

This is not a limo but a Trolley. I used them for my wedding and it was one of my favorites parts of my day! Also reasonable in price, comes with champagne and a just married banner. Loved it!  grtrolley.com - Grand Rapids Trolley Co.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_limo-service-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:eef2cb84-8b13-4933-899b-633c5a7822fbPost:2f7460b7-023f-4701-8769-759799973883">Re: Limo Service</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is not a limo but a Trolley. I used them for my wedding and it was one of my favorites parts of my day! Also reasonable in price, comes with champagne and a just married banner. Loved it!  grtrolley.com - Grand Rapids Trolley Co.
    Posted by kimberlyrodgers[/QUOTE]
    A friend of mine used GR Trolley for her wedding I was in, and it was lots of fun to ride around in it. Made for some great pics, too!! Including a pic of the bride and groom on the back of the trolley... very cool. I would have seriously considered them if we needed transportation, but both our ceremony and reception are in the same venue.
  • kwreckskwrecks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The idea of the trolley is great,and we thought about using th Grand Haven trolley since we're getting married in Grand Haven.  Unfortunately I think the GR Trolley is a little out of our price range.  great idea though!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I just thought of this! Not sure why I didn't earlier. We are renting GR Hopper's larger all black shuttle to take wedding guests from the hotel to the venue and back. Their prices were completely reasonable, and we were able to rent the shuttle in two different blocks... 5-5:45 (ceremony is at 6) and 10-midnight. It is $290 plus optional gratuity of course.

Here is their website: http://www.grhopper.com/
    Here is the larger black shuttle: http://www.grhopper.com/sites/all/themes/hopper/images/black-shuttle.jpg

Though not as fancy as a limo of course, I think it would look fine and honestly would just look like a party bus from the outside :)  If you just need some form of reasonably priced transportation, I think this would work well for you. Since you're in GH, they may charge an extra travel fee or something like that, but it's worth a phone call or email. Good luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards