March 2012 Weddings

95% chance

Woke up this morning and checked the weather  for next Friday. (as usual) This morning, of course, showing Thunderstorms.....95% chance  of thunderstorms that is. I want to cry. I just really wanted some outdoor photos, and now its not looking good that I will get even one. Cry

Re: 95% chance

• It could be worse... you house could catch fire the night before your wedding like mine did...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The weather changes so much!!! That is still 8 days away the storm that is expected could change course. Dont give up hope, dont start worrying until three days before! Hope the weather changes for you!!!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_95-chance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:0e22158e-909b-48bf-bd90-267f404f16e9Post:bdd66f54-6832-450b-a6bf-5347f9f7b90c">Re: 95% chance</a>:
    [QUOTE]The weather changes so much!!! That is still 8 days away the storm that is expected could change course. Dont give up hope, dont start worrying until three days before! Hope the weather changes for you!!!!!
    Posted by marissamele[/QUOTE]

I've been noticing the weather is bad for my day too but I have to agree with this.. It's definitely too far away to get stressed over the weather. In fact, I sometimes wonder why these websites even show the weather more than a week out.  I feel like it's more likely to change than not.
    Anniversary
  • Give it time. Weather changes so much.  Mine flunctuated between 60% - 20% and we never saw a drop.
  • No worries! It was an 80% chance of rain on our wedding day and it totally rained alot. Thunder, lightning...I even got wet! :) The day was still superb (assuming your wedding is indoors?)

It's going to drive you crazy when people say 'rain on your wedding day is good luck'...it sure did drive me insane...however-

A wet knot is more difficult to untie <3

:)
  • I feel your pain. If you look at the 10 day forecast for where I'm getting married, my wedding day is the ONLY one with a big rain cloud over it.

My photographer suggested sassy rain boots and a cute umbrella. Although I suppose lightening will put a damper on the umbrella shots....
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_95-chance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:0e22158e-909b-48bf-bd90-267f404f16e9Post:2fe1f18f-5d49-4108-bfde-72275a0b4c94">Re: 95% chance</a>:
    [QUOTE]It could be worse... you house could catch fire the night before your wedding like mine did...
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

Oh Siobahn, you poor thing! You looked incredible on the news and in the pics of your wedding. I'm so glad you didn't let that ruin your day!

But, I agree with PP that it's still too far out to stress over the weather forecast. Mine called for rain up until about a week before and we didn't get a drop. :-)
  • edited March 2012
    Oh Klester!
    Don't worry please!! I know exactly how you feel but I looked at Google at some rainy day wedding pics, went out and bought some umbrellas, and ended up having some beutiful pictures! Look at this one!

My one piece of advice if you want great pictures on a rainy wedding day...Do NOT be afraid to get wet to take great pictures! Are you ever gonna wear your dress again? If you're hair has enough hairspray in it(like mine did) it will withstand rain. Get in the rain to take those pics!!!!
    Cupcake Original since 2007 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 4n6chick4n6chick member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Not my thread,  but thanks for the rainy day advice - my wedding is *gulp* tomorrow (Saturday) and while today is going to be 80 degrees and sunny, it's supposed to start raining tonight and continue all the way until Sunday morning.  Thunderstorms during the ceremony.

I'd have rather had snow, which was my biggest worry when we picked the date.

I'm trying not to be upset.  Especially since I was out somewhere yesterday and realized how much we do need the rain.  But c'mon, just a couple hours, that's all I ask!  I just want some outside photos with some flowers.  :(

OP - good luck with your day!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards