March 2012 Weddings

I just wanna share my dress...

I have mac so my siggy never works... if someone wants to make me one if it doesn't work next month that would be awesome :) any way I just want to share my dress before the month is over... 

The story: My mom's befriend was a seamstress. She made her own wedding dress. All 5 BM's dresses and her daughters dress which matched hers. It just little because she was 8. Then when my uncle got married she fixed his FI's dress and made my sister and I the ugliest BM dresses you have ever seen because thats what the bride wanted... not the ugly part just what they looked like... anyway. After that she promised me that she would make my Wedding dress just to make up for how awful that BM dress was. She was going to start in November and should have been done by February. But she died very suddenly at the age 43 in August that year. There I was devastated she was like a mother to me. I thought about what my dress could have looked liked off and on it helped me get over her death. Well in February of that next year I was dropping stuff off at the goodwill and I looked in the window and saw this dress. I was like wow who would take that to the goodwill... 
So I went inside and looked at the dress up close... it was my size so of course me even with no e-ring I had to try the dress on... It fit perfectly... so her it is in all her glory. 

I know its crazy! But no alteration or anything! The best part is that her daughter got engaged two and half months before I did (her wedding is sometime summer of 2013 or 14) I know thats how her mom would have wanted it and i wouldn't want it any other way!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards