March 2012 Weddings
Options

So it begins...

So I was chatting with my good friend and BM the other day.  She lives in another state and will be traveling for my wedding.  I completely understand the cost of traveling period, let alone for a wedding that you are in.  So she tells me she is planning on coming from Tuesday - Tuesday for the wedding, I am not completely sure why she is coming for so long, Wed/Thur - Sunday would be long enough time, so I mentioned to her that I am working that week before to half day on Thursday.  I didn't want her to think that I am going to have all this time to hang out (plus I will have lots going on the week before).  The block rooms are $139 so that would be a grand right there alone.  So then she makes the comment that the trip is going to cost her $3K because she will probably be paying for her boyfriend's ticket, and he will have to take the week off work and not get paid, and I quote "so I might be kinda chintsy on your wedding present...." really who says that? I am not worried about what she gives me but why say that? Everyone knows that traveling guests have a big expense.  We haven't lived in the same state for about 4 years now, in which time my FI and I went and visited her in HI which wasn't cheap and then I visited her in WA, this will be her first visit to come see me.  Sorry just had to vent...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards