March 2012 Weddings
Options

Honeymoon Check!!!!!!

Get excited friends, we can officially check the honeymoon off our to-do list! It's officially been booked and I am so, SO relieved!

As I'm sure many of you remember, I was ready to have a complete meltdown (thank you OCD, type-A, anxiety filled personality!). Remember, we were dead set on Barbados - we picked out the hotel, flights we wanted, etc.? However, things have since changed..for the good!

Since the very beginning of this whole fiasco, going to the Riviera Maya was always an option, a free option! JP's grandparents own a condo there, come to find out a penthouse, and it's completely available to us for free! :) I was always open to this idea, but JP shot it down immediately and insisted on going somewhere other than Mexico (we've already been to Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, and Rocky Point so many times). However, we decided to look more into it since it would in fact be cheaper since we're paying for it, on top of paying for over half of a 30K wedding, and wanting to buy a new home within 6 months of the wedding. So, we decided to be more realistic and opted for the cheaper option.

Although we're getting married March 2, we'll wait a week for the HM since I'm a teacher and not on spring break until the following week. We're leaving for the Riviera Maya to stay in the penthouse March 11. We'll stay there for 4 nights, then drive up to Cancun (about 45 minutes north) and stay in Cancun the final 3 nights. We'll of course be paying for the Cancun hotel, but overall we're saving about 2K. Not to mention, there is SO much more to do and it's much cheaper for food and activities. For whatever reason, Barbados is apparently one of the most expensive Caribbean islands in almost every aspect.

Anyway, sorry for the story book length post (as usual), I just wanted to share our details and my extreme excitement! I'm completely satisfied with our decision and I think it's going to be so well worth it :) CHECK!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards