North Carolina
Options

Asheville Venue help

My FH and I both live in Ky.  He has family in Raleigh so we decieded to get married in Asheville since it's about half way.  I know nothing about the area.  Has anyone been to any weddings at The Deerpark Resturant at Biltmore, Homewood or The  Center and Pavillon?  If so, please let me know what you think.  Also, can anyone suggest a wedding planner in the Asheville area?
Thanks a million!  And Happy Thanksgiving

Re: Asheville Venue help

• Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_mountain-wedding-budget

That may not directly answer your questions.  But Asheville locations have been recently discussed so if anyone has any info on those locations it's likely in that thread. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also getting married in the Asheville area, and spent a lot of time touring before getting going with Kenmure in Hendersonville. I toured all the places you mentioned, but turned them down for different reasons.

Deerpark in Biltmore is absolutely beautiful, it's where my FI parent's got married. They're very attentive, the food is awesome, it's so perfect for a destination wedding. I only turned it down because of the price. If you can afford it, it would be a great place. Maybe you could talk to them more about finances and ways to cut costs if that's a problem.

I went to a wedding at Homewood. It was gorgeous too. The ceremony was outdoors in the woods, and was very lovely. The cocktail hour finger foods were delicious, and the reception was very fun, with lots of different places to be within the building. The buffet however, was it's only downfall. Not very good, but that could have been just that particular meal.

When I toured the Crest center, I loved it too- it had a a great view and two different and fun locations to have the wedding. One building was set up for a wedding, was roomy and well decorated, but it was summer and not air conditioned. It was burning up with just a few of us in there, I couldn't imagine a ton of people in there. The other building was also very beautiful, with a great view. It had a little loft area where you could set up a kids play area too. The main reasons I turned that place down was because of all the sneaky fees I managed to catch, and that the staff didn't seem very attentive. The person we were supposed to meet with wasn't there, so a young girl was caught by surprise to show us around, and didn't seem to know very much. I heard it may be going bankrupt, could be a rumor but it scared me away from trusting them with my wedding!

Message me if you have any more questions, I have tons of notes!
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge
    Hairstyle Inspiration

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey we're getting married at the Crest Center. I loved it there because I'm having a fall rustic type wedding and I loved the feel. They've been very attentive and nice so far. As for the sneaky fees- I was deterred at first because they do add a lot of fees in such as an electrical charge, a wedding consultant fee the day off and some other things. But they put everything in the quote they send you and honestly, when you compare it with other venues, even with all that stuff added in the Crest center is a good value. The other venues are charging you- they just build it in to the price.

I would have loved to get married at Biltmore but there's no way we could afford it. Beautiful though! Grove Park is gorgeous, but again, super pricey. There's other venues further from Asheville but since we have so many out of town guests I really wanted a venue close to town. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    tahinman- I bet your wedding will be beautiful at Crest in the fall. You should post photos after of the view with the leaves. I'm glad they're being honest and great with you! I probably went on a bad day.
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge
    Hairstyle Inspiration

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my sister got married at Homewood.  Monroe (WC) was excellent and you have to bring in your own caterer's so the earlier post is not relevant to Homewood itself.  My sister used Artisan Caterers.  They were uber affordable and wonderful.  She used Livesound Entertainment as her DJ. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in Asheville, and we are getting married at On Broadway, also known as Celine and Company. Its downtown Asheville. Smack dab in the middle. I Looove it. Its close to alot of B&B's and hotels too for OOT guests. 6000 sq ft, hardwood floors, big white columns, and they are super reasonable. We are paying $5000 for everything except the dj and a florist. Thats a 4 hour open bar, food, set-up, tear down, wait staff, bartenders, etc. If you want more info, PM me, I looked at A LOT of venues in Asheville and the surrounding areas.

We loved Homewood too, just a little pricey. Most places that are really nice are on the pricey side. I think because people consider Asheville a destination wedding place.
    IAmPregnant Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards