March 2012 Weddings
Options

Irish Theme Wedding??? - Wedding date 3/17/12

Hi Ladies!  Congrats to everyone!

We are planing our St. Patrick's Day wedding and I'm having a mental block on what to do for our Irish theme - favors,center pieces, etc.....Our colors will not be green, but I want to have Irish/Celtic wedding!

I have always wanted to have a baby blue wedding…my favorite color!  So, my girls will be wearing brown dresses with a baby blue sash around the waist (or vise versa).  We will have a bagpiper play outside the church.  As for
incorporating St. Patrick’s Day into the rest of our wedding day, I was thinking of some how decorating our hall with an Irish/Celtic theme (maybe even the church)….flower colors, Celtic knotwork on our paper stuff.  I would like to have an Irish flag drink/shot for our toast or just at everyone's seat during dinner….it’s a neat drink that my uncle has made at our house a few times….the drinks literally sit one on top of the another and looks like an Irish flag in a clear glass. 
Any unique ideas would be gratefully appreciated...Thank you!Smile

~Kathy

Re: Irish Theme Wedding??? - Wedding date 3/17/12

• Options
    i got married this year on st. patricks day. we followed a lot of superstition, even silly ones.  our cake topper was secretly a bell, we used clover petals, ivy everywhere, bells for decoration, i had a beautiful horseshoe in my bouquet, our white cake in the wedding cake was green, of course green beer, our favors were chocolate and personalized wildflower seed packets,  my husband is scottish so we had a bagpipe player, he passed his tartant on to me,  things like that

other things to concider
    drinking honey meade, sixpence in your shoe,  lace hankercheif for the groom (later used at the baptisim of your child)

overall i think our wedding turned out wonderfully!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards