March 2012 Weddings

RSVP's

I know this has been everyone's biggest gripe since invites were sent out!  I am still waiting on 8 responses (which is pretty good) and of course 4 of them are people we rarely talk to.  One was actually my FI's Mom's Best friend and he has not seen her since his mom passed in 2008.  I gonna assume she is a no.  Another couple is from his side and they live about 3 hours away from us.  I think they would have responded by now if they were coming!  Next...on to finish the seating. Dreading that...I will prob do it Friday night accompanied with a bottle of wine!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: RSVP's

• We are at 28 missing RSVPs right now. My estimate is that of those, 4 are coming, 24 are not. It's totally annoying, though, and I'm looking forward to starting to call them tonight (the deadline was last Friday).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• edited February 2012
    Our due date was also last Friday, I'm waiting to hear from about 24 people... half of which are friends/extended family on FH's side, so his mother is tracking them down for us.  Of those 24, I think about 8-10 are actually coming.
    Its just so obnoxious... seriously, its a pre addressed, stamped envelope with a check box... yes or no?

My goal is to have answers from everyone by end of day Friday so I can do my seating chart this weekend.
  • Our due date is Saturday.  We have 54 people that have not RSVP'd.  28 invitations.

We're going to only have about 120 people and have to pay for 140.  And this was with inviting 200 people for a place that holds 185 - I have a large family and had to invite all the cousins even though I was pretty sure that not many would come (I was very pleased that three of the seven cousins are coming - that's three more than came to either of my brother's weddings).  I even let my FI invite a few people extra at 6 weeks out since we'd gotten so many no's (yes, I know it's against ettiquette).  It ticks me off because I would have liked to invite five other people I work with and just couldn't because of space and now they definitely would have fit!

• Our due date was this past Saturday.  We invited about 300 and are still missing responses from about 120 people - most of whom are extended family.  Since we don't need to have an exact count, we probably won't even bother contacting most of the people and will just assume they aren't making the trip.  We'll probably try to get a hold of the in-town people after giving them a few more days.

I can say one thing - I will never drag my feet on responding to someone else's wedding again, now that I know the anxiety it causes!
  • Our wedding is 11 days away and we still haven't heard from a few people, too. And they are local, and play poker with my FI. Hello, how hard is it to check a box and drop it in the mail?! I agree with pp, never will I EVER hesitate sending an RSVP back. 
    "Love it will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, It will set you free..."
    ~Mumford and Sons
    Anniversary
  • of our 20 pending rsvps we narrowed down to 2 maybes-i am going to include them in the final count and thats it! everyone else has repsonded back..goodluck with seating! u will be so happy when its done
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • this has to be about the worst thing about planning a wedding. waiting on all these people to send back there rsvp's. i just dont get how hard it is to check yes or no and send it back. (plus its already stamped for you!!) seriously... anyawys... yes i missing about 30 ish rsvp's and i think about half wont show up.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I called, texted, emailed and FB posted everyone and said "IF I DON'T HEAR FROM YOU BY SUNDAY YOU ARE BEING COUNTED AS NO!"! We only had 6 people that didn't respond to that and I think maybe 2 might show up. So, 72 out of 125! We had to have numbers to our ceremony venue so they could draw up an insurance contract 30 days out (they let us slide a few days). I am waiting til 7 days to put in numbers for food and chairs though, because who knows what might happen.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards