March 2012 Weddings
Options

Let's get to know each other!

I have a feeling we will be getting to know each other well and helping each other out so here's a few questions:

When is your wedding date?
Is there a special reason for your date?
When did FI propose, or you propose?
How long have you been together?
How old are you and FI?
What have you done so far in your wedding planning?
What are your wedding colors?
Is this your first wedding?
Have any babies or fur babies?
Is there anying FI does that drives you crazy?

Fun stuff:

Whats your favorite TV show?
Favorite movie?
Do you like liver?
Do you blow dry your hair or air dry?
How many tattoos/piercings do you have?

Anyone want to add anything else go ahead!!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Let's get to know each other!

• Options
    Ok here's mine

When is your wedding date? March 24, 2012

Is there a special reason for your date? Not really just didn't want it on FI's birthday or on St. Patty's Day.

When did FI propose, or you propose? August 18, 2010, he did it at Camden Yards, his favorite place, and the location of our first date

How long have you been together? 4 years

How old are you and FI?  currently 23 and 24

What have you done so far in your wedding planning? i have my ceremony and hall (same place), talked to a caterer, and just found my dress!!

What are your wedding colors?pink and orange

Is this your first wedding? yep

Have any babies or fur babies? one furbaby, a 5 year old female rescue gray tabby named Duchess

Is there anying FI does that drives you crazy? um he gets up really early in the morning and spends an hour eating breakfast and watching ESPN, then makes us really late to everything we go to

Whats your favorite TV show? a tie between Supernatural and Bones

Favorite movie? Transformers 2

Do you like liver? NOOOO

Do you blow dry your hair or air dry? normally air dry, I have long thick hair and don't have the patience to blow dry it

How many tattoos/piercings do you have? I only have my ears pierced but I do have 2 tattoos, one "tramp stamp" of 3 purple hearts and one on my foot a letter J with the roman numeral 4 to represent me and my siblings
  • Options
    oooo me next !!!

When is your wedding date? March-3-2012

Is there a special reason for your date? Its my late grandfather birthday and by having it on this day he can always live on ( or atleast thats how I see it)

When did FI propose, or you propose? Fi proposed on the 4th of July in Orlando Fl, we visit here yearly to go to universal studios lol

How long have you been together? Friends since 2002, on and off since 2005 (college cut in the way lol)

How old are you and FI?  I am 22 and he is 27

What have you done so far in your wedding planning? Booked the ceremony and reception place, and brought most of the decorations, flowers girls baskets, guest book etc

What are your wedding colors? Damask black and white with red roses

Is this your first wedding? Yes

Have any babies or fur babies? we have two kids together, a son 5 and a daughter 1 ( about time huh lol)

he think he is always right , so i always let him find out NOT lol
    Fun stuff:

Whats your favorite TV show? Golden girls lol

Favorite movie?all of Disney movies

Do you like liver? havent had it since i was a lil girl but im guessing no

Do you blow dry your hair or air dry? air

How many tattoos/piercings do you have? 1 tattoo and 2 piercings in my ear
  • Options

oooo beckerz03 I love the goonies too!! Its one of those classics that never go out of style. Getting married in Jamaica sounds awesome. Do you have a big wedding party? How many people are invited?

• Options
    No wedding party. We're planning on inviting about 50 ppl. We figure maybe 20 ppl will actually show and we're completely okay with that. We wanted a small wedding anyways...and even better we have our honeymoon tied right now. Getting married in paradise...I love it!!

We're planning a reception back at home when we get back, so those who couldn't join, can join us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    **Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yay for March 2012. :)

When is your wedding date? March 31, 2012
    Is there a special reason for your date? Not really, just wanted to avoid holidays and family birthdays (there are A LOT) Oh and, as FI pointed out, "That's Angus' birthday. Angus from AC/DC." Great..... lol.
    When did FI propose, or you propose? Recently :)
    How long have you been together? 2.5 years, about 4 when we get married.
    How old are you and FI? I am 20, he is 22.
    What have you done so far in your wedding planning? Basically, the beginning basics. What styles, colors, places, dates we like.
    What are your wedding colors? Black, White and Charcoal Grey. Thinking about a dark purple, not sure.
    Is this your first wedding? Yes, it is.
    Have any babies or fur babies? Two fur babies. :) We adopted Lucy over a year and a half ago and Chevy one year ago. Oh they are dogs. :) haha
    Is there anying FI does that drives you crazy? Haha. Great question..... He is WAY too into cars and wants me to be too. So cute. (Ha) And he is way to laissez faire about stuff. The whole "I'll get around to it" attitude. That is not so much me.

Fun stuff:

Law and Order (any of them), Bones, Also obsessed with Teen Mom and 16&Pregnant.
    Favorite movie? Titanic and Pride & Prejudice.
    Do you like liver? Well I value my own.
    Do you blow dry your hair or air dry? Usually blow dry, otherwise it'll take 34980458403.3 hours for it to dry.
    How many tattoos/piercings do you have? Just my ears, but I'm planning on a tattoo I *love* for my next birthday.

That's me in a nutshell I guess. I've been lurking around here since we didn't officially set a date until a week ago. (And of course it could change, but not drastically, haha)
    imagepcos ribbon Pictures, Images and Photos Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have a feeling we will be getting to know each other well and helping each other out so here's a few questions:

When is your wedding date? St. Patty's Day!

Is there a special reason for your date? Although I'm not Irish I've always wanted to be LOL.  St. Patty's Day is one of my favorite days of the year.

When did FI propose, or you propose? He proposed on the big screen at the Yankees' Game on 5/18/10

How long have you been together? 18 months

How old are you and FI? 27 and 28

What have you done so far in your wedding planning? Venue is picked out.  Photographer/video/dj are being booked next month

What are your wedding colors? Pink and Green

Have any babies or fur babies? We have a Maine Coon cat named Mia

Is there anying FI does that drives you crazy? Plays X-box every free minute.

Fun stuff:

Whats your favorite TV show? The Vampire Diaries!

Favorite movie? Crazy/Beautiful

Do you like liver? Yuck

Do you blow dry your hair or air dry? Usually air dry.  Only blow dry when I'm going out

How many tattoos/piercings do you have? FI and I both have 2 tattoos.  I have 10 piercings but only wear 6. I took the others out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hello Ladies!  I'm excited to get to know all of you! Laughing

When is your wedding date? Tentativley, March 10, 2012
    Is there a special reason for your date? Nope.
    When did FI propose, or you propose? He proposed on Saturday, August 21, 2010.
    How long have you been together? On/off for six years
    How old are you and FI? I am 20 and he is 23
    What have you done so far in your wedding planning? A lot of looking, chosen my colors, and purchased my invitations (on clearance)
    What are your wedding colors? Chocolate brown and apple green
    Have any babies or fur babies? One fur baby, Oliver, who's an 85lb mutt.
    Is there anying FI does that drives you crazy? Everything. Wink

Fun stuff:

Whats your favorite TV show? GLEE
    Favorite movie? Too many to decide
    Do you like liver? Ew, no.
    Do you blow dry your hair or air dry? Blow dry
    How many tattoos/piercings do you have? Just have my ears pierced.

My fiance and I are actually living in seperate states right now, I'm in Tallahassee, Florida he's in Atlanta, Georgia until we both graduate.  The wedding will be in Atlanta so I'm trying to hold off on planning until I move up there in June but it's KILLING me, lol.
    Can't wait to marry my man! October 28, 2011
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    What a cute and fun idea!! So looking forward to getting to know all of you :o)

When is your wedding date? March 3rd, 2012
    Is there a special reason for your date? Adam and I began dating on March 3rd 2009...we kept looking for the perfect date when we realized that that's where it all began...and we couldn't find a more perfect date :o)
    When did FI propose, or you propose? He proposed on Memorial day. We went for a walk in our favorite park.
    How long have you been together? 1 year and 7 months
    How old are you and FI? Adam just turned 21 on September 8th and I turned 22 on May 1st
    What have you done so far in your wedding planning? Not a whole lot...we've got some locations narrowed down and we know where we wanna honeymoon. The wedding party and colors are picked.
    What are your wedding colors? Hunter green and metalic gold.
    Have any babies or fur babies? We have one fur baby...she's a cat, not quite 2 yet. Her name is Baby Girl and she is the love of our lives, haha <3
    Is there anything FI does that drives you crazy? Um....not really!! We've been living together for a long time...we've kind of worked through all those quirks and kinks. If you would have asked me that a year ago, I'd have a list, haha!!

Fun stuff:

Whats your favorite TV show? GLEE!! I'm a huuuge Gleek :)
    Favorite movie? "He's Just Not That Into You" and "Yes Man"
    Do you like liver? No
    Do you blow dry your hair or air dry? Depends...if I've got somewhere important to be, I will blow dry and style. If I'm just at home cleaning or bumming around, then I just let it air dry.
    How many tattoos/piercings do you have? I have 5 tattoos, and my ears are pierced.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    March 17, 2012

Yes, we're both part Irish and want to celebrate that :) Also, he already knows the date lol 

This past February <3

3 years, 4 1/2 when we get married

How old are you and FI?
    30 and 33  

We've booked the ceremony/reception site, ordered the Save the Dates, and we've looked at a ton of stuff :)

White and Green with touches of Blue

My first, his second

We have a fur baby- a 3 year old cat named Bonnie Prince Charlie :) We also have feather babies- two rare parakeets named Eleanor of Aquitaine and Charlemagne 

He'll use the bathroom with the door not closed all the way :P 

Dr Who, Torchwood, Bones, Glee, Castle

Favorite movie?
    Disney's Beauty and the Beast

Do you like liver?
    Yuck!
    On days when I'm working/wanna look nice I have to blow dry it. My crazy curly hair needs to be tamed before I leave the house! Otherwise I let it do its own thing lol 
    One hole in each ear. That's all I want/need! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Hey guys, Here's my story

When is your wedding Date?? March 11, 2012

Is there a special reason for your date? No we just picked

When did fiance propose? He didnt officially. We just decided to wed

How long have you been together? We've been together about 4 years

How old are you and FI? My FI is 37 while I am only 28

What have you done so far in your wedding? Only research at this point. No rush

What are your weddig colors? We're looking toward peach, black and silver

Is this your first wedding? Yes its both our first

Have any babies or fur babies? We have 5 sons between us ages from 18 to 2

Is there anything FI does that drives you crazy? Invests too much time in sports

What is your favorie movie? Love & Basketball

Do you like liver? NOOOO!!!

Do you blow dry or air dry your hair? I usually blow dry

How many tattoos or piercings do you have? I have 2 piercings besides the 2 holes i have in each ear. And i have 5 tattoos....wit the hopes of getting more of both
    Wedding Countdown Ticker {He Asked Me, I"M READY}
  • Options

@Hoboken Yay for the proposal at a baseball stadium!! So did they pan on you when he did it? Were you laughing and crying? Did you get some free booze (or tickets) when he did so? BTW sorry bout the Yankees I was routing for them!!

• Options
    When is your wedding date? March 23, 2010
    Is there a special reason for your date? that will be our 7th anniversary
    When did FI propose, or you propose? he asked me on a cruise with my family. it was magical!
    How long have you been together?almost 6 years... 7 at our wedding :)
    How old are you and FI?  I'm 24 and he's 28
    What have you done so far in your wedding planning? nothing official :)
    What are your wedding colors? probably purple and something else... pink? yellow?
    Is this your first wedding? yes
    Have any babies or fur babies? i have 2 fur babies - linus (a westie pom mix) is 8 months old, and andy (a something and pom mix from a resce) is 4.5 months old.
    Is there anying FI does that drives you crazy? lol plenty - most recently the purchase of a 58" plasma screen tv AND a bose surround sound system... let's just say it doesn't fit well into our 750 square foot home...

Fun stuff:

Whats your favorite TV show? Glee, True Blood, or Big Love
    Favorite movie? Alladin
    Do you like liver? *gag* no
    Do you blow dry your hair or air dry? air dry. it's all curls :)
    How many tattoos/piercings do you have? none! at all!
  • Options

Is there a special reason for your date?Nope

When did FI propose, or you propose? My FI proposed on October 8, 2010 - took me to Central Park then out to dinner at Mercer Kitchen. It was the same place as our first date two and half years to the date.

How long have you been together? 2 1/2 years

How old are you and FI? I am 25  FI is 29

What have you done so far in your wedding planning? Booked our venue at The Crystal Ballroom in Freehold, also picked my wedding party!

What are your wedding colors? Icy blue and chocolate brown

Have any babies or fur babies? We have our little shitzu Lexi!

Is there anying FI does that drives you crazy? Plays Fantasy Sports

Whats your favorite TV show? Two and a half men, Sex and the City, Detroit 1-8-7, How I met your mother, Hells Kitchen

Favorite movie? Notebook

Do you like liver? no

Do you blow dry your hair or air dry? blow dry

How many tattoos/piercings do you have? 1 tattoo and ears pierced (just took out my belly ring)

Congrats and Happy Planning Everyone!!
  • Options
    Is there a special reason for your date? I wanted to keep it in our anniversary month
    When did FI propose, or you propose? 10/13/2010...he sent me on an egg hunt
    How long have you been together? almost 2 years...3 when we get married
    How old are you and FI? 23 and 25
    What have you done so far in your wedding planning? colors, location and food
    What are your wedding colors? green/black/white
    Is this your first wedding? yep
    Have any babies or fur babies? nope
    Is there anying FI does that drives you crazy? He plays video games like he's got nothing else to do and he drools when he's sleep

Supernatural, Glee, How I met your mother
    Favorite movie? My Girl
    Do you like liver? nope
    Do you blow dry your hair or air dry? Depends on if I am too lazy to not have curly hair
    How many tattoos/piercings do you have? Just ears
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    When is your wedding date?  March 23, 2012
    Is there a special reason for your date?  Our anniversary is the 24th, but we saved a ton of money by having the wedding on a Friday, so we figured we'd go with it :)
    When did FI propose, or you propose? August 17, 2010
    How long have you been together?  4 1/2 years (6 at the wedding)
    How old are you and FI?  We're both 22
    What have you done so far in your wedding planning?  We've booked the ceremony & reception, photographer & photobooth, and the DJ.  Oh, and I bought my dress :)
    What are your wedding colors?  We're doing a light tiffany blue and grey scheme.  With lots of silver accents.
    Is this your first wedding?  Yep!
    Have any babies or fur babies?  We have a dog, Fenway.  A 2 year old yellow lab.  Well, he's kinda my parent's dog, but we love him just the same!
    Is there anying FI does that drives you crazy?  He is pretty forgetful.  I can tell him that morning what my plans are for the day and he'll forget by that afternoon.  I'm not so sure if that's a memory problem or a listening problem =P

Fun stuff:

Gossip Girl!
    Favorite movie?  I don't think I have a favorite.. too many good ones to choose from!
    Do you like liver?  noooope
    Do you blow dry your hair or air dry?  Both.. air dry if I have time and in the summer.  If I don't have enough time and it's cold, blow dry.
    How many tattoos/piercings do you have?  I have a total of 11 piercings in my ears, no tattoos

I'm happy to see there are a lot of young brides on here!   When we tell people we're engaged a lot of them have told us we're too young.  Nonsense!  When you know, you know.  That's what I believe :)

Happy planning!
  • Options
    This is really cute :)

When is your wedding date? March 30, 2012

Is there a special reason for your date? It is my late grandmother's birthday AND FI and I are both teachers so there are only a few times during the year that can work with our schedules!

When did FI propose, or you propose? He proposed on August 15, 2010.  We went to Disney (against my will, bc i told him he should be saving his money for a house/ring/etc.!) and he proposed at the Polynesian Resort during the "Wishes" Firework show, he had his sister take pictures and video! It was a complete surprise :)

How long have you been together? 3 years at the end of the month
    How old are you and FI? I'm 26 & he is 27
    What have you done so far in your wedding planning? I booked my venue, set the date at my church, and have been meeting with various DJs and Photographers
    What are your wedding colors? Green & Pink :)
    Have any babies or fur babies? not yet !
    Is there anying FI does that drives you crazy? Well, right now, I'm currently hating "Call of Duty"! haha.  He is a bit messy, too!

Fun stuff:

Whats your favorite TV show? True Blood
    Favorite movie? I can't pick just one!
    Do you like liver? haha ew...
    Do you blow dry your hair or air dry? blow dry
    one tattoo, 3 piercings

*aLLi*
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_lets-other?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:62a22dbe-87b6-40f7-9eed-92b7d4cc343ePost:6e3ac838-7e29-4ebc-8478-42b7b7502cd5">Re: Let's get to know each other!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Is there anying FI does that drives you crazy? Well, right now, I'm currently hating "Call of Duty"! haha. 
    Posted by apalumbo916[/QUOTE]

omg. I am so sick of COD. It has been non-stop and now that he can play online. Oh brother...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    **Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
  • Options
    [QUOTE]@Hoboken Yay for the proposal at a baseball stadium!! So did they pan on you when he did it? Were you laughing and crying? Did you get some free booze (or tickets) when he did so? BTW sorry bout the Yankees I was routing for them!!
    Posted by Jas0920[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the late response.  I just realized you were taking to me. LOL  Unfortunately it was 35 degrees and raining and the Yankees lost but it was still special.  Actually in the middle of the 5th inning they called my name and flashed the message on the scoreboard.  I was like wtf!  Then I saw the message.  I was in shock and didn't realize what was happening until my uncle turned me around where my FI was on one knee.  He actually contacted them in February for the May proposal and had to pay for it but the Yankees sent him a letter afterwards and refunded his money because they thought we missed the game because of the weather!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_lets-other?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:62a22dbe-87b6-40f7-9eed-92b7d4cc343ePost:4a9bfb11-18e0-440f-b139-4e5b1f3f35ad">Re: Let's get to know each other!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's get to know each other! : omg. I am so sick of COD. It has been non-stop and now that he can play online. Oh brother...
    Posted by beckerz03[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it! he just got the new game so every opportunity he has, he's playing! haha
    *aLLi*
  • Options
    When is your wedding date? 3-17-2012
    Is there a special reason for your date? Before spring break on year we move halfway across the country
    When did FI propose, or you propose? hasnt officially but all his family loves me and my mom who hates all guys ive dated loves him and his mom and me started planning around a month ago (his sister helped him get the ring for a Christmas proposal were thinking)
    How long have you been together? he asked me out on my 18th birthday but we were flirting months before
    How old are you and FI? im 19 hes 25
    What have you done so far in your wedding planning? figured out my dress cake date and location
    What are your wedding colors? really all pastels especially purple and forest green
    Have any babies or fur babies? i have 2 cats that we plan to take when we move to our place in feb (i live at my moms)
    Is there anying FI does that drives you crazy? cars and c.o.d.

Fun stuff:

Whats your favorite TV show? bones, gilmore girls, friends, and all wedding shows im a part time wedding planner
    Favorite movie? almost any christmas, bride wars, devil wares prada, and 27 dresses 
    Do you like liver? no
    Do you blow dry your hair or air dry? depends if i have 2 hours to spend doing it
    How many tattoos/piercings do you have? 1 hole in ears

extras
    How did you meet? his cousins wife
  • Options
    When is your wedding date? It's actually a vow renewal on 3/17/12

Is there a special reason for your date? It was the closest date to both our anniversaries (started dating 3/15/1997 and married 3/16/2002)

When did FI propose, or you propose? He proposed when I was 17, he was 18 in November 1998

How long have you been together? 13 1/2 years

How old are you and FI? Im 29, he's 30

What have you done so far in your wedding planning? picked a color scheme, planned a budget and found a venue

What are your wedding colors? black & white (damask pattern) and baby blue

Is this your first wedding? No, I guess it isn't! LOL

Have any babies or fur babies? We have 3 children and 3 cats

Is there anything FI does that drives you crazy? yes!!

Fun stuff:

Whats your favorite TV show? the cat in the hat (wttw)

Favorite movie? Never ending story

Do you like liver? yeah, my mother in law makes the best liver!

Do you blow dry your hair or air dry? Air dry most times

How many tattoos/piercings do you have? I have 1 set of piercings in my ears, and 2 other piercings elsewhere...no tattoos yet!!!

How did you meet? In high school in 1995, in 8th period algebra!
  • Options

When is your wedding date? 3/24/2012

Is there a special reason for your date? I teach and it will be at the end of Spring break, so it gives me a week to prep and do all that last minute stuff without stressing.

When did FI propose, or you propose? Last March on a cruise through the caribbean. 

How long have you been together?3+ years

How old are you and FI? 25

What have you done so far in your wedding planning? location (where his grandparents got married), possible reception space, looking at dresses, but havent been shopping

What are your wedding colors? green, black, white

Is this your first wedding? for both

Have any babies or fur babies? 2 cats, one wiener dog

Is there anying FI does that drives you crazy? he is SUCH a mornign person... I am not....

Fun stuff:

Whats your favorite TV show? GLEE, Bones
    Favorite movie? Chocolate
    Do you like liver? no
    Do you blow dry your hair or air dry? Air
    How many tattoos/piercings do you have? 2 peircings in earlobes, 1 upper ear, 2 tattoos

Anyone want to add anything else go ahead!!  I am just so glad to have a date.  For some reason my FI was really reluctant to set one.  In the end he just needed to check with all the important people first.
  • Options
    Fantastic idea!

March 10, 2012
    I’ve always wanted a spring wedding. The 10th is the Saturday before Spring Break so it’ll give us a week for our honey moon without having to worry about attending class.
    On my birthday, March 25, 2007. He proposed at the Aquarium, after having dinner with my family.
    7 yrs., since November 2003
    How old are you and FI?
    23 and 24
    We’re going with a Vintage Peacock Theme, Semi-Decided on the location for the ceremony and reception (Love the idea of having the ceremony at the Dallas Arboretum but will most likely hold both events at the White Rock Lake House – Winfrey Point) and gathered some DIY ideas.
    Peacock feather colors and possibly pink
    Yes
    2 small fur babies
    Is there anything FI does that drives you crazy?
    Plays COD.

Fun stuff:

Dexter
    Favorite movie?
    The Blind Side
    Do you like liver?
    Noeweo
    Air dry
    None, and only one in each ear
  • Options
    When is your wedding date? March 17,2012 Is there a special reason for your date? No just thought it would be fun to get married on St. Patricks Day... :0) When did FI propose, or you propose? Dec. 11,2009 How long have you been together? 2 1/2 yrs going on 3 How old are you and FI? I am 22 and FI is 27 What have you done so far in your wedding planning? Nothing major yet.... What are your wedding colors? Green, yellow, white Is this your first wedding? Yes!!! Have any babies or fur babies? We have one dog and a cat Is there anying FI does that drives you crazy? Hmmm.... Not folding his laundry once he takes it out the dryer... Fun stuff: Whats your favorite TV show? Desperate housewifes Favorite movie? Up... Do you like liver? Ewww!!! No!!! Do you blow dry your hair or air dry? I have to blow dry or i will have a fro... Lol
    May 2012 Board October Siggy Challenge: Must Take Photos Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards