March 2012 Weddings

Why do I still have so much money?

Sorry, I couldn't think of any better of a subject........ but before you freak out about its implications, read on!... :)

When my FI and I first started researching for the wedding, we had a hard time coming to grips with the money we’d have to spend to have the wedding we wanted… but once we mentally and emotionally accepted that $$ amount, we made sure to have it readily available in our accounts so that we could book our venue and vendors.  I’m so surprised that with about 4 months to go, we’ve only spent about 20% of our budget/“forecasted” total based on quotes and contracts… I’m sure the fact that we haven’t booked a honeymoon or transportation yet is contributing quite a bit, but still…. Is this common?? My “I’ll do anything to check something off the to-do list” attitude is killing me… I’d rather just rip off the band-aid and pay the vendors so that I don’t have to worry about it in March… but obviously you can’t REALLY do that for most vendors (and realistically, who does that anyway?!)

Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me?   I’m curious to see if any of you are in the same boat as far as deposits/ final payments go!  
Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards