March 2012 Weddings
Options

March 31!!

We are just shy of two months left!!!!  :)   I can't believe it!!

Where are you ladies at with planning?  What's left to do on your list?!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: March 31!!

• Options
    I know....crazy right?  I'm geting ready to send invites out.  I still need to confirm DJ.  Purchase the rest of the vases for centerpieces and My fitting is next week.  Other than that there's the minor details and the counseling sessions with the minister.  Honeymoon is booked and paid for, cake and food is paid for.  I need to work on my programs.  That's my next task.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Tomorrow I can pre-register for our marriage certificate.
    Finish my bouquet - I'm going to look at ribbon for the handle over lunch.
    BM bouquets - ordered the White Gerbera daisies, they are shipping today and should get them this week
    Gifts for bm's - just need to go to the mall and get gift certificates.
    Approved my wax for my wedding band, now just waiting for it to be done and sautered (sp?) to my e-ring. 
    Figure out if i want to do a bride hoodie ( all depends if i can find one cheap enough )
    Started breaking in my shoes this weekend, holy cows glad i have two months to get those kind of broken in my feet were killing me!

Not sure what else i have left but i"m sure i'm forgetting something!

ETA: I ordered my shoe clips, hopefully they'll be here this week so i can tell if i like them or not.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We have to get marriage license too.....kinda need that lol. I have to order flowers bit I have to wait till aabout 2 weeks before because they are real and mom will put them together the day before. FI and I still need to pick out bands.....ahhhhhhh!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I have sooo much left.. I know this is only a fraction!

- Find a sweater to go with a dress I already own for the shower
    - Marriage license
    - Get RD dress in then find a shirt/tie for FI to match
    - Start figuring out tables
    - Get thank you cards ready to go so we can write & send them as we receive gifts
    - Confirm transportation (my dad has taken the lead, due date 2/3!)
    - Begin tanning (today)
    - Buy ALL our gifts (wedding party & parents)
    - Book mani/pedi appt
    - Assemble favors
    - Assemble hotel "welcome" bags
    - Dress fittings (1st one this weekend!)
    - Assemble pew bows
    - Make earrings for me and BMs
    - Pick up our wedding bands
    - Finalize tuxes (I tried this past weekend but I can't decide between silver and watermelon tuxes/ties for the GM!!)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm with you cmac...
    - Marraige license
    -finalize flowers (only had inital meeting to get quote... called her last week to officially hire her and she said she couldn't meet in person till after V Day
    - pick our wedding song
    - give DJ music lists
    - my jewelry
    - Jewelry for girls
    - Finish BM Gifts
    - Book and deal with Rehearsal dinner
    - Rehearsal dinner invitations
    - assemble hotel welcome bags
    - book hair for me and girls
    - teeth whitening (my teeth are painfully yellow!)
    - finish booking honeymoon (booked flights but no hotels yet)
    - find shoes and veil for my dress (which hasn't even come in yet!)
    - Make programs

So many more things I can't even begin to list!
  • Options
    Oh, and I forgot get our rings... and I have my shower this weekend so there will be thank you notes in my immediate future :)
  • Options

So excited for the days to fly by!!!
    Left to do ~
     - PIck up FI's ring (Finally)
     - Programs ( need to change them )
     - Print Menus
     - Marriage License (Going for this on 2/6)
     - Buy my earrings
     - Final Payments ( DJ, Caterer, Video)
     - Meet with DJ to finalize music choices
     - Meet w/ Baker about the Cake
     - Finish Centerpieces (FI has them completed, just need to add Grapevine & Wreaths around the center)
     - Card Box (FI has this complete, just need to order my pictures to go inside)
     - Started Breaking in my shoes (YAY!! Seamstress, recommended walking in them with socks on, if they were to tight )
     - Get GM gifts engraved
     - Wrap BM's and Parents Gifts
     - Kids Activity Bags for reception (We don't have a lot of kids, but I want to keep them happy and occupied)
     - Finish buying Alcohol
     - Seating Chart (Waiting until 3/10, but may be able to start earlier)

Well, now that I've typed this all out, I'm starting to panic...still excited though...

March 2012 January Siggy Challenge:Favorite Engagement Pic Photobucket
    341image Invited to our dream wedding!!
    259image Are ready to party
    82image Are missing out
    0image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 3/10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_march-31?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:67e4b790-30a5-4e41-b7e0-3e29c723bee2Post:cd4ce773-935c-4420-b5af-73729b035e56">Re: March 31!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So excited for the days to fly by!!! Left to do ~  - PIck up FI's ring (Finally)  - Programs ( need to change them )  - Print Menus  - Marriage License (Going for this on 2/6)  - Buy my earrings  - Final Payments ( DJ, Caterer, Video)  - Meet with DJ to finalize music choices  - Meet w/ Baker about the Cake  - Finish Centerpieces (FI has them completed, just need to add Grapevine & Wreaths around the center)  - Card Box (FI has this complete, just need to order my pictures to go inside)  -<strong> Started Breaking in my shoes (YAY!! Seamstress, recommended walking in them with socks on, if they were to tight ) </strong> - Get GM gifts engraved  - Wrap BM's and Parents Gifts  - Kids Activity Bags for reception (We don't have a lot of kids, but I want to keep them happy and occupied)  - Finish buying Alcohol  - Seating Chart (Waiting until 3/10, but may be able to start earlier)      Well, now that I've typed this all out, I'm starting to panic...still excited though...
    Posted by bdgrl73[/QUOTE]

HA!  I've been doing this too!  FI was laughing at me as I was walking around in them with socks and sweat pants on this weekend :)  I felt like a real betty crocker while i was cooking with them on! 

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I have to:
    - finish my centerpieces (almost there!)
    -do some DIY decor projects (pom poms, yarn balls, flag garland, etc.)
    -finish premarital counseling
    -meet with the preacher to go over the ceremony
    -meet with the venue director/carterer (same person), DJ, florist, rental company, and photographer to go over final details.
    -put together welcome baskets for OOT guests.
    -last fitting for my dress
    -hair and makeup trial
    -break in shoes
    -pick up rings
    -get marriage license

I'm sure there are a few more small details. It is just a relief to have most of the BIG things done :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

We mailed out our invitations today! And then if you take a little of all your lists, I have many of those things still to do! It's coming up so fast!!! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have a lot to do (too much to type) but it's all doable! :-) Love the tip about wearing socks with the shoes! I'm going to try that with mine!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm March 30 so I'm two months today! We have a lot to do but we finally got a DJ today (yay!!!) so all our vendors are locked down. I know this is only a fraction but here's what I can think of now:

- Send invites (this week)
    - Hair/makeup trial
    - Final dress fitting
    - Bridal portraits
    - Finalize song choicse
    - Final details for the reception decor (extra vases, candles, photos, etc.)
    - Finish making cake topper
    - Get marriage license
    - Put together welcome bags
    - Finish up details with the venue (room layout, etc.)
    - Finalize our ceremony wording
    - Write vows

Yeesh!
    March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_march-31?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:67e4b790-30a5-4e41-b7e0-3e29c723bee2Post:9d483b5f-409f-4315-8542-a1512ee3461a">Re: March 31!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm March 30 so I'm two months today! We have a lot to do but<strong> we finally got a DJ today</strong> (yay!!!) so all our vendors are locked down. I know this is only a fraction but here's what I can think of now: - Send invites (this week) - Hair/makeup trial - Final dress fitting - Bridal portraits - Finalize song choicse - Final details for the reception decor (extra vases, candles, photos, etc.) - Finish making cake topper - Get marriage license - Put together welcome bags - Finish up details with the venue (room layout, etc.) - Finalize our ceremony wording - Write vows Yeesh!
    Posted by elidellio[/QUOTE]

Was it the way expensive one??  Or did you find a more reasonable one?  I think you'll be much more relaxed having someone else worry about the music! 

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards