March 2012 Weddings
Options

Booked our Venue and Honeymoon!

I've been really frustrated the past few months with venues in our area (Baton Rouge), as they all are either something I don't want or out of our budget.  About a month ago, I sent a random email to the LSU Faculty Club that was never responded to, so I'd crossed them off my list; I couldn't find much information online either. 

Well, last week they called me, and I set up an appointment for Tuesday. Went, looked around, LOVED it, got price quotes (so reasonable, and they rent out the entire building to me for the whole day!), asked questions, and wrote my deposit check!  I am so excited to have an actual, set-in-stone date!  I was so excited yesterday that I went ahead and put our deposit down for our 7-day honeymoon cruise, as well!  

Maybe it's just the feeling that there's actually going to BE a wedding now!  

Re: Booked our Venue and Honeymoon!

• Options
    Congrats!  That's weird that they got around to responding so late.

I was amazed at how many places didn't respond to my emails, etc.  There were some that responded to my initial information request, but never responded when I emailed back with questions. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think I actually emailed the wrong person (although it was who was listed on their website), and that person forwarded it to the appropriate person, who then called me.  Their catering coordinator (who does everything with weddings they hold there) has been awesome with responding to me. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_booked-venue-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:7b00df2d-3035-4d27-83d2-603cf34d3a1bPost:c0d1c446-9169-4e0f-a8c3-ebfe2dea5e5e">Re: Booked our Venue and Honeymoon!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats!  That's weird that they got around to responding so late. I was amazed at how many places didn't respond to my emails, etc.  There were some that responded to my initial information request, but never responded when I emailed back with questions. 
    Posted by KelaRenee[/QUOTE]

<div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;"> yea the places that didnt get back to me or got back to me 2 or 3 weeks after i inqured about them were just crossed off our list</div></div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;">
    </div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;">
    </div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;">CONGRATS on the big checks</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards