March 2012 Weddings

Big Checks!

Three, actually!

1) We're booked!  C and I booked our cabin, my parents booked theirs, and my brother, SIL, and nephew booked theirs!  So there will be at least five people at my wedding.

2) C talked to his best friend tonight and he's 100% wanting to go and sounds ready to book.  And he may be bringing his girlsfriend and his girlfriend's sister (whom I adore) with him!  They haven't booked for sure yet so I can't count them, but at least some of C's family and friends are on board and wanting to come.

3) We have made a decision about legalizing the marriage.  I am very pro-gay marriage as is the priest at my church and she has been encouraging couples to not legalize their marriages through the government until it's legal for all.  She is still doing ceremonies and will do legal ceremonies, but has been pushing this stance for a while.  I agree with this so we were going to hold off on legalizing the marriage until it was legal in California.  But since we've been tossing around the idea of becoming foster parents sometime in the next year we've learned that, while they will accept us if we aren't legally married, it's a lot easier and less paperwork if we are.  So after discussing it over we've decided to legally get married in Nevada where gay couples can at least get civil unions that grant them similar rights to married couples.  The Priest thinks this is a good idea for us considering the circumstances and thinks Nevada is a good option.  So sometime later in March (probably over C's spring break) we will drive across the border to Reno and get legal!  We would do it beforehand since we're already planning our bachelor/bachelorette parties in Vegas the week before the wedding, but we promised C's sister that she could witness the legal ceremony since she can't go on the cruise, and that weekend is her due date.  So we'll just wait until she feels ready enough to travel with us.  It's only three hours but when you're that pregnant or have a newborn three hours is a lot.

Now onto the invites!  I feel like I have so much left to do and such little time to do it in, but it's all FINALLY starting to come together!

Janine & Cody | Georgetown, Grand Cayman | Feb. 28th, 2012

Surprise BFP | Baby Due Late July/Early August 2013

Pregnancy Ticker

I believe in a lot of things. I believe in fresh tennis balls, the healing power of bunnies, and that the novels of Susan Sontag are something I'll never read. In fact, I don't even know who Susan Sontag is. What is she... like... a painter? I believe in Crystal Lite because I believe in ME. I believe in the movies of Val Kilmer, though these days it ain't so easy. I believe in Darren Sproles, the word "dabble", the first season of "Silk Stockings", and big, warm, moist, gooey chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth and all over your face.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards