Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Thoughts on wedding close to holidays?

Just wanted to get some thoughts from people on weddings around Dec 1 2012? Some people are saying its too close to the holidays - but if people,have a 6+ month notice they have time to plan accordingly right ?

Most of our family is from the area - so not too many traveling far .

Any thoughts feedback would be great !

We gotta pick a place soon before it's all booked . Really have had my heart set on a holiday wedding for years - but interested to hear from others!
happy planning xoxo Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Thoughts on wedding close to holidays?

• Rachiella3Rachiella3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Dec 1 would be ok. I hate when weddings are Thanksgiving weekend or the week between Christmas and New Years.
  • LilyWater09LilyWater09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Works fine.  Give plenty of notice.  Know you may fight with some office holiday parties.  Book early.
  • JoyjoshMJoyjoshM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I agree since not too many people need to travel. I say go for it!

• carcrashheartcarcrashheart member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    our wedding was new years day. we had no problems with it. in fact, we had an easier time booking than most because we didn't have to compete with other couples trying to book the same vendors for the same day. most of our guests enjoyed having something to look forward to on NYD, as opposed to simply recovering from the night before. but that was just us. it worked out just fine and everybody had more than enough notice. let's put it this way-the people that couldn't be there had nothing to do with the fact that it was on or around a holiday.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone !!! Keeping my fingers crossed dec 1 or 8 are still available !
    happy planning xoxo Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards