March 2012 Weddings

Help!! Invitation Wording Question

Quick question, girls. Did you list your last name on the invite? Mine currently reads

Mr. and Mrs. Lastname invite you to share in their joy at the marriage of their daughter

Elizabeth Dean to
Justin Brent Lastname

Son of . . . 

That's how a lot of invites I saw online were worded but FMIL said she thought I should add my last name for consistency and so no one thinks my last name is Dean (that's my middle name). 

Is this confusing? I really love how it looks in the design so I hate to messe it up but I don't want people to think it's weird!

March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help!! Invitation Wording Question

• I had my last name on my invite
  • I had my last name on my invite, too. It just seemed to unbalanced to not have my last name but having FIs last name.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• We both had our 1st, middle, and last names on ours.

137image Invited to see us "Lucky in Love", at our wedding 3/9/12
    90 image Are ready to party
    47 image Are missing out
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/15 image
  • I had my first & middle only. I was told that if your name is the same as your parent / parents that are hosting, it's redundant to put it again. Of course most people choose their own etiquette on things now. This was pretty much the only thing I followed the "rules" on...
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • I had my last name, but it's YOUR invite so you decide what you want. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i had my last name, but my parents are not hosting.

If they were, no last name for meeeeeeeee.
    Photobucket

Anniversary
    213image enjoyed some southern charm
    163imagedrank out of mason jars
    50image stayed up the north
  • I did not have my last name and both of our families are hosting... with that said my wedding planner made us put his last name on the invite but not mine. She said that is how they should read.
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks, girls!! I'll probably just leave it how it is then. I appreciate your input. :)
    March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I put my first middle and last. I thought it looked weird without it. My parents are contributing some, so are FI and I so I put it.
    image March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had my first middle last and FI had his nickname last (he doesn't like his first or middle name)
  • We had first middle and last but we also didn't include either sets of parents
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_invitation-wording-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:a3abdaf9-242b-497a-b255-7ec2af33e453Post:e9013db7-6987-4d2a-ac09-8762399439c7">Re: Help!! Invitation Wording Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had first middle and last but we also didn't include either sets of parents
    Posted by rebeccaa12[/QUOTE]

<div>This.  Ours says Me first middle last and FI first middle last together with their families.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards