March 2012 Weddings
Options

Uplighting

Alright ladies.. need your opinion.. I got uplighting included in our DJ package but hadn't worried about colors until now.  Did or will you have uplighting at your wedding? If so, what color/ colors??

I haven't been to any weddings with uplighting so I have very little experience to work off.  Our wedding colors are pink and purple, but I'm worried about pink and/or purple lights looking tacky. So I was thinking about doing white or yellow (neutral) for dinner (more to "set the mood") then having the DJ switch them over to pink and/or purple for the dancing/ fun portion.  The only weird thing is that my DJ will have to go one by one and switch them all over to the different color(s).

What are your thoughts??

Anniversary

Re: Uplighting

• Options
    Our main color is eggplant but we have a ton of it so decided not to go with purple uplights, too. We're going with yellow since it felt pretty neutral but still a color. 

If there are a ton of uplights, I would just pick your colors and stick with them the whole night since it might be weird if it takes him a long time to switch them out. If there are just a few and he can do it quickly I say go with your plan!

March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_uplighting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:ba8cc2f7-1a63-4d0e-a623-98f16cbaea23Post:b20853f6-a8ff-436b-b703-7352b7a4ff83">Re: Uplighting</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our main color is eggplant but we have a ton of it so decided not to go with purple uplights, too. We're going with yellow since it felt pretty neutral but still a color. <strong> If there are a ton of uplights</strong>, I would just pick your colors and stick with them the whole night since it might be weird if it takes him a long time to switch them out. If there are just a few and he can do it quickly I say go with your plan!
    Posted by elidellio[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks for your input Elizabeth!  We're having 12 uplights.. again I have no idea how to put that into perspective.  But it's definitely something to consider.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We had uplighting behind the head table - the backdrops were white, the sashes were silver and the lighting was blue. We only had three backdrops though, so it wasn't as much as you're looking at. I say go with your colors but maybe toned down a bit... not bright pink or purple?
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
  • Options
    We had a combo of pink and green. The walls were pink and the chandelier was green. At some point in the night they reversed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_uplighting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:ba8cc2f7-1a63-4d0e-a623-98f16cbaea23Post:b20853f6-a8ff-436b-b703-7352b7a4ff83">Re: Uplighting</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our main color is eggplant but we have a ton of it so decided not to go with purple uplights, too. We're going with yellow since it felt pretty neutral but still a color.  If there are a ton of uplights, I would just pick your colors and stick with them the whole night since it might be weird if it takes him a long time to switch them out. If there are just a few and he can do it quickly I say go with your plan!
    Posted by elidellio[/QUOTE]

I agree with Elizabeth :)
    March 2012 January Siggy Challenge:Favorite Engagement Pic Photobucket
    341image Invited to our dream wedding!!
    259image Are ready to party
    82image Are missing out
    0image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 3/10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm having purple.  I think there will be 20 of them.  My venue is somewhat modern though and there are no windows to conflict with the lighting.  Also it is a later evening wedding and the flowers are going to be all white.

Did you google some pix?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards