March 2012 Weddings

Other Things to add

Okay so we all know this is a renweal for my hubs and I and we are doing most things that  u have at a "tradtional" wedding but i dont want to toss a garter or bouquet so what are things i could add to get the crowd involved???

What do u ladies think about

a money dance
a singles dance
married couples dance

if non of those what other "group" things are cool???

Re: Other Things to add

• Because I'm doing a DW, I'm not doing any traditional wedding stuff (not saying that you can't, just not happening for me). Because of that, I'm just having a really relaxed "reception" afterwards, drinking and dancing.

I have heard that the money dance is extremely rude, not my personal opinion, but nonetheless, I'd probably opt out of that one.

Married and Single dances would be fine, as long as you have enough for both. I loved these parts of receptions that I've been at.

Just don't plan too much, I always hate going to wedding where everything from the time I get to the reception to the time I leave is planned for me. Also don't do too many group things
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    **Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
  • The only problem with a Money dance is a lot of ppl don't bring cash to a wedding and if they do they intend to spend it on alcohol. I personally find the idea silly [but not every does :) ] I love the single dance. Is the married couple dance the anniversary dance? I think the anniversary dance is super sweet; we r doing that. there's something called the circle of friends at the end of the wedding.
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Personally, I am not a fan of any of that stuff. I find it to be a mood killer. I think if you have good music people will be involved. I usually sit that group stuff out. If you are doing a dance that only involved part of your guests then you are asking part to step away from the fun. It will be that much harder to get them back out there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • After we looked at our guest list we realized we have a TON of single guys and only and handful of single girls so were nixing the garter and bouquet toss. We plan to have the anniversary dance (I’ll give a bouquet to the lady who has been married the longest). I personally think it’s a great way to involve your guests and honor all of the married couples.

• Thanx Ladies my husband hates the idea of a m oney dance and singles dance aslo so I guess the Anni dance is it, which is cool with me :)
  • I like the idea of the anniversary dance.  In my area a money dance would be considered very rude.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_other-things-add?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:bedaf13b-522a-42cf-b7f4-d45aa6058abfPost:125ceb8b-0d90-4ba2-840f-505101f7336b">Other Things to add</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay so we all know this is a renweal for my hubs and I and we are doing most things that  u have at a "tradtional" wedding but i dont want to toss a garter or bouquet so what are things i could add to get the crowd involved??? What do u ladies think about a money dance a singles dance married couples dance if non of those what other "group" things are cool???
    Posted by Mrslamorte[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what a money dance, a singles dance or a married couples dance are. Maybe we don't do those in Canada or I'm just out of the loop! Is it just when those people get up and dance?

I think people who will want to be involved will be dancing anyway. I don't see any reason to have a special activity for them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards