March 2012 Weddings

Not-So St. Pattie's Day Wedding

Before even thinking to look and see if it was a holiday, I picked March 17, 2012 as my wedding day. Not until after I started planning did I realize that it was St. Patrick's Day. The day falls perfect for the time of year and everything we want for our wedding but I refuse to have a St. Patrick's day theme, especially because neither of us are Irish. But, I do want to incorporate little things here and there to show we are at least recognizing the day. Any ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Not-So St. Pattie's Day Wedding

• Having a signature drink that is green would be really cool.  I think a green garter, if you are throwing one, would be a cute reminder.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_not-st-patties-day-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:c067b410-7b82-4be0-bad1-f3732fa259b1Post:01b76155-bcca-4c63-b799-40ea4f73f641">Re: Not-So St. Pattie's Day Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Having a signature drink that is green would be really cool.  I think a green garter, if you are throwing one, would be a cute reminder.
    Posted by Jas0920[/QUOTE]

I like her idea - a lot. Maybe just because I want a green drink.. Just incorporate little things, not even green if you don't want. You could also include something in your program like "In Honor of St. Patty's Day we...."

You could also do your E-Pics on/around St Patty's Day 2011 and have them at your tables. I like the drink, garter and program acknowledgement.
    imagepcos ribbon Pictures, Images and Photos Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My fiance and I chose green orchids as our main flower. I chose those before I even knew we'd me getting married that day. It works out perfectly though!!Smile

• My FI and I are in the same situation. He is graduate school and we had to work around his academic schedule, we which landed us on the 17th for the wedding with the following week as his break and our honeymoon. I didn't realize that it was St. patty's either. We decided that we are going to have Guinness beer (which is also the grooms fav) for those who want an Irish beer and we are having a daytime wedding so everything should be wrapped up by 6:30pm allowing our guest to still be able to go if they want to, other than that we are not having green, or anything else really that denotes the holiday.
  • we chose the 17th because of me being in school and it falling right before spring break and wanting a spring wedding before we move i didnt even think of it being a holiday i was already planning on having green in my wedding after figuring out its a holiday i decided to use four leaf clover floating candles as center pieces for there fitting the day and its a good luck charm and dont forget the upside of a st patricks day wedding your husband will never have a good excuse why he cant remember it
  • Just picked our date to be St. Patty's as well! I'm going with a nautical theme, navy blue and green accent. I don't want the gimicky st. patty's stuff, just minor touches like some clovers in the bouquets and centerpieces as well as mini Jameson bottles as favors.
    mikeandtine.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh and I'm a McCarthy becoming a Sullivan, needless to say we're Irish.
    mikeandtine.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards